PDA

View Full Version : Scared about heart

Ezz
09-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Hey guys,

I'm new to this but I just really would like to talk to someone about my health. I've been to the hospital I've had so many paramedics come to my house and they have said I'm fit, healthy and fine. Ive currently just started Uni and I feel pretty ready for it but my anxiety always happens in the evening when everybody goes off to bed. I really can't afford to let my anxiety take me off track. I'm scared I'll have a heart attack and no one will be there to save me or I won't be able to get out of bed in time. I just want it all to disappear. Please help. Xxx

cls1033
09-22-2013, 05:37 PM
you need to realize that you are not going to die. the thing that cause what you are feeling is released adrenaline. caused by being very sensitive to every thing you feel and think.

Ezz
09-22-2013, 05:41 PM
I get so worried. I think because I've been convinced for a while it's just been difficult for me to change my thoughts. It's also my body starts to ache so much. My shoulders, body starts to tingle. Is there anyway I can stop this from happening??

jennabryce
09-22-2013, 05:46 PM
The only thing that has helped me is guided meditation. I focus on the person talking and do the breathing and stuff. You should try it. I wish I could tell you how to make it stop but I'm still working on it myself...

Ezz
09-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Thank you so much! I would do anything to make it stop. I believe I am stronger than this. But once my anxiety starts to play up I feel like everything is over. It's almost like my anxiety is the only thing that can take me off guard. The mind is so powerful. I've been trying to fight my anxiety alone but I always give up.

jennabryce
09-22-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm the same way! Right now I have answers and can see the silver lining of what has been helping me but give me a panic attack right now ... and even I have problems following my own advise :)

Ezz
09-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Haha! I don't usually have full on panic attacks but I just get fidgety. Thinking about what my family would do if I passed away? Will it hurt? Will I feel my heart explode? All these crazy questions. Sometimes I just need a cheesy hug but everyone's usually asleep. 👎

jennabryce
09-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Find a guided meditation on your phone or iPod and follow it. It should relax you so that you can think rationally. It's good you don't usually get panic attacks... Learn to relax. I wish I had before my panic attacks took over. Now I'm working backwards and it's so much harder

Ezz
09-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Yes, I shall. Thank you so much for your help. It's so much better being able to talk to somebody about my anxiety usually I bottle it up an try to deal with it alone. Really appreciate it. :) how long have you been suffering from the panic attacks?