PDA

View Full Version : Craving sugar???

petrified
09-22-2013, 12:51 PM
What is it with me I've no appetite can't be bothered with food but NEED chocolate all the time. What's with that? I really miss not eating a full meal with the family but just can't stomach it at the minute. This whole anxiety thing is the best diet I've ever been on. Anyone else crave sugar all the time?

NeverToo...Fear
09-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Yeah, I haven't had much of an appetite, but I totally been craving chocolate--it's crazy!..I think I read somewhere that anxiety makes you crave sugar because your body is demanding energy in the form of blood sugar, cause it's worn out from an over stimulated nervous system...usually though after I eat the chocolate, sugar cravings get worse, so I try to stay away.

petrified
09-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I haven't had much of an appetite, but I totally been craving chocolate--it's crazy!..I think I read somewhere that anxiety makes you crave sugar because your body is demanding energy in the form of blood sugar, cause it's worn out from an over stimulated nervous system...usually though after I eat the chocolate, sugar cravings get worse, so I try to stay away.

Yeah I no what you mean I've had a full family size bar of chocolate tonight and still want more lol. It really makes sense what you said though as I'm constantly tense and wound up so my bodies bound to be tired. I mean if eating chocolate was my only anxiety symptom it wouldn't be so bad lol. It's just all the other crap I can't stand. Roll on my cbt :-)

tailspin
09-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Yes, definitely! Unless I'm feeling extremely unwell, I crave sugar too. Eating chocolate really gives my mood a boost and I eat chocolate every day. But the downside is, if I overdo it (which is very easy to do!!) then my mood crashes after a while and increased anxiety can result. It's hard to get the balance right! Especially since I do get cravings. But if I over-indulge, I end up feeling worse afterwards mood and anxiety wise. But then, a bit later, the cravings start again!

petrified
09-23-2013, 12:37 AM
That's very true tailspin I often crash after too much chocolate and coffee as well

nf1234
09-23-2013, 01:09 AM
I think your body craves it in an attempt to raise your blood sugar. Even if your not hungry you should force yourself to eat healthy meals regularly. This will keep your blood sugar stable and dramatically reduce your anxiety. Also I believe chocolate boosts neurotransmitters in the brain such as serotonin but I could be mistaken.

petrified
09-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Thanks nf1234 that's great advice :-)