PDA

View Full Version : Dont feel anxious

emtw12
09-22-2013, 09:43 AM
I don't feel anxious all the time so why am I getting these symptoms a lot? chest pain arm pains and short of breathe, does anyone get them daily?

EatTrainSleep
09-22-2013, 10:38 AM
I don't think anxiety is a state that you're in all the time 24/7 (maybe for some people?). Some people get anxious a lot, some people get it on rare occasions. It can also be situation-dependant. For example, some people can get anxious in social situations

emtw12
09-22-2013, 10:56 AM
hmm yeah.. I wish these symptoms would go away tho!

raggamuffin
09-22-2013, 10:58 AM
They will, but it takes months/years after you fully accept it's anxiety. It takes just as long for anxiety to manifest itself physically thorugh constant worry, stress and fear. So there'll never be an overnight cure.

If you respond with negative emotions or try and fight a symptom you make it last longer. YOu must respond with apathy. Let them come and go> It's your bodies way of showing you it's stressed out and wants time out. But people tend to fear the pain and this piles more stress onto an over stressed body. Fighting fire with fire.

It takes practice to respond with apathy to pains and sensations. But it's the first step in overcoming anxiety.

Ed