PDA

View Full Version : Drink

jamiebrown
09-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Well I had a drink for the first Time last night and not it's sent my anxiety crazy is this normal I felt fine but now because I have had a drink I can't sleep shaking when I have woke up at 5 in morning does anyone els have this ? Maybe I should just give drink a miss till am clear

Cobra
09-21-2013, 11:17 PM
What'd you drink. I find that wine relaxes me.

raggamuffin
09-22-2013, 12:39 AM
If you drink it can cause sleep problems. It'll pass though. Usually the next day you'll feel a little off even if you don't have a hangover. Drink plenty of water, fresh fruit etc. You might also find your body aches so take a hot bath if that's the case.

Ed

jamiebrown
09-22-2013, 02:11 AM
What'd you drink. I find that wine relaxes me. I dink larger mainly but wish I meet now it was quite a heavy night dont want it to spoil all the progress iv made I was just starting to loose all my anxiety !

jamiebrown
09-22-2013, 02:15 AM
If you drink it can cause sleep problems. It'll pass though. Usually the next day you'll feel a little off even if you don't have a hangover. Drink plenty of water, fresh fruit etc. You might also find your body aches so take a hot bath if that's the case. Ed
Just feel like it's going to put me back to square one again no sleep last night woke up still dont feel great.... Could be a two day hangover since I haven't drunk in many months when I was really ill with anxiety I stopes binge drinking I'm only 22 so I don't wanna stop going out all together just think this might of been to soon hope I haven't spoilt my progress

raggamuffin
09-22-2013, 05:48 AM
Don't worry that you're back tracking on the road to recovery. In reality i'm sure you're not, just after drinking you feel like everything is broken in your mind or body. You're not really ill, just recovering from drinking. Alcohol drains the vitamins and nutrients in your body and so we tend to feel like crap the next 24-72 hours.

Your body works hard to flush it all out of the system and no matter what age, it can make you feel rough. It is in effect a poison and whilst the effects of being drunk can feel great the body is put through it's paces. Just remember to drink water inbetween each drink. Might not be so convenient in a pub or club so do it before you go out drinking and after. Match the amount you drink to the amount of water you have. Eat a decent meal.

The next day I go for wholefoods - they have entire aisles of it in supermarets. Dried fruit, nuts and seeds. These will replenish the nutrients and vitamins you need and get you feeling like your old self again. But yes you can feel off after drinking for 2-3 days sometimes. Bit horrid but remember moderation is key :P

Ed