PDA

View Full Version : What made you become a member?

duddits
10-19-2005, 07:44 PM
I've always wondered what made you sign-up to become of this growing anxiety community? Were you looking for companionship or were you just looking for help? Any answer is a great answer :)

xavier
10-19-2005, 08:35 PM
i was searching for medications i could take online and i stumbled across a few sites ,i forget how exactly i got to this site but im glad i did. i am here for opinions on medications and i like to hear how other people are faring and if i make some friends thats even better. i also feel better when i talk about my problems

brickyard_red
10-20-2005, 06:04 AM
I found this site one day when I was feeling very lonely and depressed about not being able to get out of my house. I'm not like that all the time, but there are days that I just can't make myself do it because of the anxiety.

So, I typed in anxiety forums and picked through what came up and this one seemed to look like it was going to fit what I was looking for. Little did I know that it was going to be EXACTLY what I was looking for. I wanted a safe and careing place where I could come to talk about how I was feeling that day, what I was experiencing and to hopefully make some friends who had the same trials as me. Yeehaw, I'm glad I found ya!!

Thank you so much James and Dan for making this site!! I don't think you guys will ever know all the people that you have helped. :D

Cath :)

shoe
10-21-2005, 07:20 AM
I was forced to sign-up by a madman :P

hehe, seriously, it looks like its becoming more of a community now and thats what I was hoping this place would become. Cheers!

anangel4me
10-29-2005, 06:09 PM
I was looking for information on social anxiety disorder. my dad had given me a number about it but I had misplaced it. So while searching, this site or forum was mentioned. I joined right away because I knew it was a place for me to be. So, this is where I am comfortable. :D

tuffnstuff
11-01-2005, 03:28 PM
I was online just looking to see if there was anyone like me. I was finding website after website of people who had anxiety. I dont need compassion. I dont want anyone to feel sorry for me either. Its just nice to know there is someone else who knows what your feeling, besides your best friend, your mate, or who ever, who is say uh huh to everything you are saying about it, but really they arent getting it. My sister has panic attacks, so she knows what I am talking about when I talk to her about it. She is not agoraphobic though. She understands but doesnt understand that.

babycristy
11-05-2005, 05:01 PM
I was trying to find people like myself. I sometimes feel very negative about myself and that not that many people can understand what anxiety is all about. They either think you are "lazy and being ridiculous". Its the type of thing that gets the response "Why would you be afraid to do that? And you answer "my anxiety". And they say "huh?" or "You have nothing to be nervous about". Its like "ugh! No one can just understand!"