PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or shyness?

Liesofthebeautifulpeople
09-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if what i'm feeling is anxiety of if i'm just overreacting, i've always thought i was just shy and that's why i felt this way but lately it seems worse and i don't know what to do, because i can't talk to anyone i don't know without feeling llike i'm not good enough or that their judging me, i HATE paying at cash registers and get nervous and shaky if i have to, i don't like going to appointments by myself and usually get full body tremors waiting for them, and sometimes even when i'm just by my self and i start stressing over something i i start taking these really shuddery breaths and have to breathe deeply and tell myself that i'm fine for about 5-10 minutes before i can calm down. Am i just really shy? because it seems like no one else feels this way.

emilyfrances
09-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Well it could be both? Anxiety because of how even little things stress you out because you're so shy?

raggamuffin
09-22-2013, 12:48 AM
Sounds like anxiety around certain situations as well as self confidence issues. Don't start practicing safety behaviour in avoiding the situations where you've got panicky before. In fact you should actually practice going to these places more and more to realize that in reality there is no danger there whatsoever. You've just had a funny turn there a few times and now convinced yourself that there's a danger you'll have a funny turn there and so now you fear going there.

It really is all in the mind.

Ed