PDA

View Full Version : Help with what Medication to take

anxiouslypanicking
11-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Hi! So I have a sinus infection and I was supposed to be taking an antibiotic and a decongestant but because of my sensitivity to different meds, I can't take them. I had been taking sudafed PE but realized it was giving me anxiety so I was wondering if anyone has found something that works for them as far as a decongestant and not making me shaky or anxious.....my sinuses are going to explode so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!!! ;)

RabidBadger
11-26-2007, 03:55 PM
How about taking the pills the doctor has prescribed and trusting that they will not harm you?

You won't overcome anxiety by avoiding anything that might frighten you.

Fear is not danger. It is just fear. It is harmless and some people pay good money to experience it.

Chris

anxiouslypanicking
11-26-2007, 04:28 PM
yeah, sounds fabulous if only it were that easy, right? I never got the antibiotic because it costs too much, but I was hoping to get some other suggestions for a decongestants in the mean time. I did call my doctor about getting a cheaper alternative but I am still waiting on that. Hopefully someone here will have suggestion about a decongestant....I do have anxiety and while I wish recovery was possible in a day, it isn't so I am hoping to find coping methods for the in between time.....thanks for being so understanding. I appreciate it.

RabidBadger
11-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Have you thought about some kind of vapor-rub decongestant. This is non-obtrusive and may not trigger anxiety.

In the UK we have one called Vicks. I don't know if they sell that where you are.

Chris

PS. Don't find coping mechanisms. These will only reinforce your habitual behaviour and strengthen the anxiety. I know it's hard. I've been struggling for 9 years but you have to take your life back, not wait for it to happen.