PDA

View Full Version : Please clarify

Blessed
09-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Heart palpitations: if you have been told repeatedly by a cardiologist that your heart is fine and you do not have afib or inappropriate sinus tach etc, but yet you continue to have daily heart palps should you be concerned? Are these harming your heart in the long run? Can these cause a heart attack or heart failure in the long run? Please forgive me for asking I just want to understand . Thanks in advance for your replies.

alankay
09-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Heart palps are often a concern. Your doc is right. We all get them and it's normal. Alankay

Cobra
09-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Everyone has them. We just notice them. They are a normal part of heart function that you have associated with fear in your mind.

RT24
09-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Anxiety is a pretty common cause of them. I got them so bad the other day that I couldn't fall asleep. Just try to breathe and don't worry if your cardiologist says it's okay. If you're really really worried maybe get a second opinion, but I'd say it's just anxiety.

MrsJ88
09-21-2013, 01:22 AM
I just seen a cardiologist Wednesday for my chest pains, shortness of breath, and racing heart... He did a stress test and talked to me about all of my symptoms and then told me my heart and me were in great shape. However, I do not feel like it at all..... So..... It really is just my anxiety. Not a heart issue.

Blessed
09-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks for replys