PDA

View Full Version : Acid reflux?!

mhirst
09-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Hi guys, since I started with servers anxiety I've had really bad acid reflux like in the back of my throat and down, no chest pains but like really bad indegestion...does anyone else have this?! I'm going mad thinking it's something major!!

jrb
09-20-2013, 09:08 AM
Hi guys, since I started with servers anxiety I've had really bad acid reflux like in the back of my throat and down, no chest pains but like really bad indegestion...does anyone else have this?! I'm going mad thinking it's something major!!

If you are worried go to the doctor and get it checked out. You find out nothing's wrong and hopefully you'll feel better. If not, get some mints or ginger candy to help settle your tummy. Also, check the foods you are eating may be causing indigestion.

mlj86
09-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Mint would be the WORST for acid reflux if thats what you have. Take a tums and make sure to drink plenty of water.

raggamuffin
09-20-2013, 11:00 AM
No, mints are very effective for acid reflux and all natural. peppermint is the best. Peppermint tea especially or ginger in tea is also very good. These are all natural. Tums is effectivwe too i'm sure. But i'd favour natural cures over chemicals and pharmaceuticals anyday.

Just to reiterate mint does not make things worse, it helps acid reflux.

Ed

jrb
09-20-2013, 12:48 PM
No, mints are very effective for acid reflux and all natural. peppermint is the best. Peppermint tea especially or ginger in tea is also very good. These are all natural. Tums is effectivwe too i'm sure. But i'd favour natural cures over chemicals and pharmaceuticals anyday.

Just to reiterate mint does not make things worse, it helps acid reflux.

Ed

Thank you for posting that. People are really misinformed. Apple cider vinegar works too...I drink tazo refresh tea with honey and milk it helps settle my stomach. It's peppermint. Also honey is a natural sedative.

raggamuffin
09-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Yes it does work. The shock of the acid causes the esophagus to close thereby quelling the acid reflux. I myself have never used it as I simply stick to peppermint tea or gum.

Ed