PDA

View Full Version : Do i have anxiety?

Adam666
09-20-2013, 07:18 AM
So a few days ago i think i had some kind of panic attack or anxiety attack, i got a weird sensation and my heart started beating fast and i could feel my heart beating. It freaked me out and now all i can think about is my heartbeat and i can feel it nearly all the time and im constantly checking my pulse, but my heart rate is between 75-100bpm which is normal right? Every time i get up or go out basically whenever im active my heart will beat faster, not much just a bit but then that freaks out, but it's normal for your heart to beat a little faster when active isn't it? I just don't know what's up with me but all i can think is why can i feel my heartbeat, i just think it's because im focusing on it? Im a 27yr old male. Thanks for any response

jayj404
09-20-2013, 07:27 AM
The question should be "do I have anxiety disorder?" There is nothing wrong with having anxiety, everybody gets it, anxiety disorder is when you have too much anxiety when you don't need it. It sounds like you MIGHT have panic disorder. Look it up and see if your symptoms matches it. Sometimes people get panic attacks once or twice in their life and then it just goes away. It's normal to be paranoid after the first couple days of your first one. Let a week pass, and try not to worry about anything. You probably have nothing wrong with you. If you still feel this way after a week, come back here.

NeverToo...Fear
09-20-2013, 07:28 AM
Sounds like anxiety to me. I get the fast heart beating all the time. Focusing and paying attention to it makes it worse. It's perfectly normal for the heart to beat faster when active...best advice; try not to worry about it :)

Adam666
09-20-2013, 07:33 AM
Thanks guys for the fast response, i will see how i go.

alankay
09-20-2013, 07:53 AM
Sounds like some anxiety to me but that's different than a disorder. Everyone has anxiety over different things but it's only when the anxiety interupts life that it is or might be a disorder. Even then you may get over it and move on as it can come from very specific life events, etc. Anyway a little fast pulse won't hurt you. I get going up stairs! :) Alankay