PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Triggers

simong
09-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Has anyone any tips on identifying triggers for anxiety. Surely there is some questionnaire that can help pinpoint a past event or personality predisposition. In industry we call it root cause analysis. Friends are telling me to pinpoint the cause and deal with it but an underlying cause is proving elusive.

At the mo thing that make me more anxious are traffic jams, feeling lightheaded and racing thoughts I can't get my brain to switch off.. These things are the outcome how do I find the root?

S

NeverToo...Fear
09-19-2013, 05:46 PM
It's weird..sometimes it's really easy to find my anxiety triggers, like weird pains, being alone..the racing thoughts I can't turn off just kill me...but then there are days when I don't know what triggered it. I could be feeling really great and happy and then it just hits me for no apparent reason..ha it's almost like my anxiety wants attention and is always there to remind me that it's never fully gone, but rather just sleeping.

frankzito
09-19-2013, 05:49 PM
I usually feel a weird sensation around my chest or around my throat. And, a long hot work day in the hot sun! And I'm screwed

frankzito
09-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Has anyone any tips on identifying triggers for anxiety. Surely there is some questionnaire that can help pinpoint a past event or personality predisposition. In industry we call it root cause analysis. Friends are telling me to pinpoint the cause and deal with it but an underlying cause is proving elusive. At the mo thing that make me more anxious are traffic jams, feeling lightheaded and racing thoughts I can't get my brain to switch off.. These things are the outcome how do I find the root? S

Traffic and stoplights, I get tingly and hot