PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone from mid wales on here please!?

lucyheath
09-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Suffering from panic attacks and really want to speak to someone that's feeling the same x

petrified
09-19-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm not from mid Wales, north east England I also suffer from panic attacks mine are brought on by health anxiety. They are horrible and so frightening :-(

lucyheath
09-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Yeah I do get them if I think I feel sick or ill I start panicking omg its horrible :(

petrified
09-19-2013, 03:28 PM
It is the worst feeling ever. I've started trying to stop them before they start like if I feel one coming on I will get up do something or phone my sister to listen to her moan about silly things. But times when I'm too late I get a drink of water and sip it slowly as often I find I'm dehydrated and the water really helps as I'm focusing on that. There's loads of tips on here :-)

lucyheath
09-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Omg that's exactly what I do I have I focus and tell my self there's nothing to be afraid of but I really have changed the way I do things like when I'm cleaning and that I sit down and chill for a while and then start again as I get scared of over working myself and getting to hot to bring attacks on :(

petrified
09-19-2013, 03:43 PM
It's crazy how our brains rationalise things lol. I won't take painkillers anymore as I would rather be in pain and no if the pain is getting worse or not. I'm the same though I won't do too much anymore incase I get over tired which freaks me out and starts a panic attack off. I'm still learning about all this and it's so scary my doctor has started me on propananol and fluxotine it's early days but the propananol seem to be helping a little :-)

lucyheath
09-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Ok well I'll speak tomorrow more off to sleep now thank you for your chat and helpful words x

petrified
09-19-2013, 03:52 PM
No problem any time :-)