PDA

View Full Version : Help!

lucyheath
09-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Hi I'm Lucy I'm new to this app and really looking for people that have the same symptoms as me I'm 20 years old and I'm finding it SO so hard dealing with my panic attacks ?? Anyone help

petrified
09-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Hi Lucy, welcome to the forum what symptoms do you suffer from i have? I have chest pain, dizzyness, nauseous, jaw aches, headaches, muscle aches and many more. I've only been on here a couple of weeks and already finding it helpful. I'm 27 it's so nice to no I'm not alone anymore. I hope you find this forum as useful as me :-)

Jcsmith0817
09-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Hey Lucy, Your not the only one that is having a huge problems with anxiety and panic attacks! They are a hard beast too tame but it can be tamed! Just takes a ton of practice and believing! Let me know if you want more advice and support, were here for you!

lucyheath
09-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Hey thanks for replying :) I've only just found out I have panic attacks as I looked it up as the doctor was telling me there's nothing wrong :/ I'm a mum to my 3 year old and find day to day things really hard I have dizziness get hot sweats and just can't be around anyone it's like I get embarrassed or with out being rude I just want everyone to go away :/ I used to be so out going now I just feel my life's so challenging

lucyheath
09-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Yes I really need advice I'm currently on lustral tablets as that what the doctors fobbed me off with I don't no how to go about this anxiety

petrified
09-19-2013, 03:24 PM
I totally understand I have a 9 year old and have never experienced anything like this before. When it first started I thought I must be dying as I've hardly ever been ill or anything. Life is just so difficult at the minute for me but I've been back and forward to my doctors and eventually been offered therapy and been given some meds which are slowly helping. It might be worth seeing another doctor and if you can't tell him or her everything write it down before you go. I sometimes find I forget a lot as soon as I step inside the doctors room. Also talking on here has given me a lot of reassurance and everyone is sooo friendly and always there to help :-)

lucyheath
09-19-2013, 03:29 PM
No I haven't and I'm such a baby when it comes to being ill I have such a phobia anyway o being ill sick etc... These panic attacks make it worse I can't go anywhere to busy and the fact I'm only 20 I did feel like my life was ending its so horrible and didn't think panic attacks were like this at all :( I have also been through a lot with my parents splitting up and the man that calls him self a father giving me abuse all the time and receiving horrible messages makes it worse but Iv moved away 2 years ago and finding it easier being away from it all fresh start and that

Jcsmith0817
09-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey Lucy! That's how I use too be too, so outgoing, funny and positive attitude but since my anxiety came along it changed me completely! But slowly I am getting way better and stronger!

I get those symptoms too and panic attacks are so horrible!!

Especially when I am not at home and out they hit me harder such as at work, the store or doing things I used too love!

petrified
09-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Good for starting over that's a very brave thing to do. I think my anxiety stems from the fact my mam died aged 31 and I'm getting closer to that age everyday so when I'm ill I'm convinced its something serious. It must be very tough for you having the family break up, but you sound like you are very clued up and sensible. Panic attacks are the worst feeling ever but it's just our adrenalin causing all the symptoms and I'm starting to look at the heart palpitations as a good sign as at least I no my heart is working well. It's also probably the best thing you could of done getting rid of the destructive people in your life although it must of been hard. This does get easier and make sure you are persistent with your doctors :-)

lucyheath
09-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Aww yeah I couldn't believe it when I found out it does make me really unhappy as I want to do so much I'm actually dreading everything at the moment e.g my little boy starting school , my 21st in dec I wanted to go away and stay some where etc all things like this I feel as though I can't do and I won't go anywhere on my own ... :(

lucyheath
09-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Yeah it was hard but I had to move away I he my own son to look after I don't need all the Argo from family and my attacks I know have been caused from my so called father I had messages off him yesterday telling me to get DNA tests and calling my son vile names (runt) argh makes me so angry but this I no has all stemed off from him.... So I have forgotten about him I've changed my name I just really need to get on the right mediation and sort my self out xx

petrified
09-19-2013, 03:49 PM
December is a while away I think once you get sorted on some meds that work that could be something to work towards it would probably do you good. I no at the minute everything seems impossible but sometimes we need to push ourselves. I'm lucky to have my hubby he's my rock at the min. Your little one starting school is tough I cried when mine started and it's tough being seperated at first from them, but now I panic when it's the school holidays lol :-)

lucyheath
09-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Ye I must say my mans been so good he's even cutting down his hours to be with me more x

Lin
10-03-2013, 11:05 PM
I have been taught lots of techniques for stopping panic and anxiety.

Some immediate ideas - play with ice cubes or put them on your neck or put them in water and splash them on your face. Or sniff smelling salts. These techniques will quickly stop you panicking.

The best way is meditation. If you practice meditation it can really help. Buddhist meditation is really good as it follows mindfulness which is really useful. I also do christian meditation which is totally different but also helps.

Meditation is all about breathing and breathing is what really helps with panic - just slow and deep breathing from your stomach can help any attack.