PDA

View Full Version : Should I go to the doctors?

Kellie
09-19-2013, 11:52 AM
So I had a major panic attack the other day and ever since then I have had dizzy spells, headaches, light headedness, weakness and sore everywhere plus my eyes won't focus and I can't sleep. Is this normal, I have made an appointment at the docs but is it worth it?

mlj86
09-19-2013, 11:55 AM
It may be helpful to go, but I will tell you the healing will not be immediate they will probably give you a medication give it a chance.

Jcsmith0817
09-19-2013, 12:44 PM
I get the same way when I get a major panic attack and the after effects may linger for a while but just know they are symptoms and not a serious condition, if you want you can see a doctor for reassurance but from most of my visits to a doctor they keep telling me its just anxiety and only I can change that. This is all true because of all the test I have also done and everything keeps coming back great.

Anxiety is strong but we are stronger then that. Just never give u, love AND live and be positive these symptoms will go away!!

tailspin
09-19-2013, 01:07 PM
I agree with the others that it would be a good idea to go to the doctor to get reassurance that you are ok physically. Hope you feel better soon!

alankay
09-19-2013, 01:37 PM
I'd go in sure. Alankay

petrified
09-19-2013, 01:49 PM
I would go for sure if nothing else just to get some reassurance and sometimes talking helps. My doctor has given me meds and also put my forward for therapy I'm starting to feel a little better already. Good luck to you I hope you get the help you deserve :-)

lucyheath
09-19-2013, 02:15 PM
So I had a major panic attack the other day and ever since then I have had dizzy spells, headaches, light headedness, weakness and sore everywhere plus my eyes won't focus and I can't sleep. Is this normal, I have made an appointment at the docs but is it worth it?

Hi I've had exactly the same thing it's horrible and you feel like your never going to get better and you can't focus ... :(

Kellie
09-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Hi I've had exactly the same thing it's horrible and you feel like your never going to get better and you can't focus ... :(

Exactly! Its so frustrating and i am at a point where my brain just wont shut up, and I can't escape. I know that it will be okay in the end but how long will it be before another panic attack or this unhappiness disappears.. It sucks

Jcsmith0817
09-19-2013, 06:04 PM
It is very frustrating and hard! It makes you fear of another panic attack and unhappiness, but you have too make sure you don't let it ruin you cause we are all stronger then anxiety and have control of our minds and not anxiety! be Strong and i know exactly how you feel!!