PDA

View Full Version : UGH! Bad night..heart won't stop jumping...so scary.

mistiblue
09-18-2013, 10:08 PM
So I have posted about this a lot recently, but it is really bothering me tonight. My heart keeps "jumping" in my chest and it is scaring me. It is pretty consistent. I am trying not to let it get the best of me, but it is a very unpleasant feeling and I just want it to go away. I get heart flutters here and there, but around "that time of the month" they get really bad. I have never had them this bad though. I am trying to avoid going to the doc because is is such a hassle and they always tell me it's anxiety. I just cannot fathom how this can be caused my anxiety...I mean they are really frequent. Does anyone else get them like this?
They are happening like every few minutes and they take my breath away....I don't have them 24/7, but I do have them most of the day.
I need some encouragement....

Kmann1969
09-18-2013, 10:32 PM
So I have posted about this a lot recently, but it is really bothering me tonight. My heart keeps "jumping" in my chest and it is scaring me. It is pretty consistent. I am trying not to let it get the best of me, but it is a very unpleasant feeling and I just want it to go away. I get heart flutters here and there, but around "that time of the month" they get really bad. I have never had them this bad though. I am trying to avoid going to the doc because is is such a hassle and they always tell me it's anxiety. I just cannot fathom how this can be caused my anxiety...I mean they are really frequent. Does anyone else get them like this?
They are happening like every few minutes and they take my breath away....I don't have them 24/7, but I do have them most of the day.
I need some encouragement....

Let not your heart be troubled dear, I have them all the time... I'm with u, they are scary and sometimes I wish I would just die and get it over with... You are not alone .. Try focusing on other things.. Where are u from? What church do you attend?

Jcsmith0817
09-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Hey! You are not alone with this! I have had the same problems too and they can be very scary and discomforting but a bit of strong advice that helps me get through these feelings is the more I out my mind on it and analyze the pain, the worse it seems too get so I try my hardest too divert my attention and think on something else and it goes away eventually! It is hard to do but it works with practice!

Here is a story for you on my doctors visit today too get an endoscopy done with a biopsy. When my girlfriend came too pick me up too take me, I seriously felt like I was having a heart attack in the car! My heart felt like someone was stabbing it with a knife and my chest was hurting! I thought I was dying and my head became foggy and a bit dizzy and my body became hot.. but then I realized.. this is only happening because I am anxious about something so I knew I was having a panic attack and resolved my fear quickly. its just learning too deal with it and fight it! don't be scared as it will pass :]

mistiblue
09-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Thank you so much guys! Hearing from other people makes me feel a little better.
Kmann...I am from Illinois and go to a church called Bethel Chapel Pentecostal Church....LOVE LOVE LOVE the Lord :O)

Cobra
09-19-2013, 12:00 AM
I'm from Illinois, too!!! :)

The heart flops are usually one of two things, gas bubbles, or your heart hitching and bucking from adrenaline. Neither one can hurt you. Anxiety makes your heart thud in your chest because your sympathetic nervous system and parasympathetic nervous system are trying to speed it up and slow it down simultaneously. This results in rhythm changes in your heart beat. Your heart will fill up with a little more blood than usual and THUMP! And sometimes THUMP-THUMP-THUMP! It absolutely, positively cannot hurt you. The heart is an extremely resilient organ, made of thick, tough, fibrous muscle tissue. Unfortunately, once you get frightened, you have that adrenaline in your blood stream, and it takes hours for your body to metabolize it completely. You're going to have to just calm down and ride it out and try not to add fear of your heart rhythm or fear of your fear to the equation. It will only lengthen the amount of time that you have to deal with the heart flops and anxious feelings. Best thing to do is play a video game or watch a movie or read a book, whatever distracts you the most, and let your system cool down. I know it is scary, but you have to release the fearful thoughts, ignore the physical discomfort, and do something you enjoy.

mistiblue
09-19-2013, 12:23 AM
Thank you Cobra :) That really helped!!

It's just crazy that anxiety can cause a heart do act crazy!

What part of IL are you from?

Cobra
09-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Southern Illinois. I live right by the Ohio River. Lovely view. Smells like dead fish. LOL!

mistiblue
09-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Lol. I can imagine!

I live on the border of St. Louis, MO. Love it!

frankzito
09-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Lol. I can imagine! I live on the border of St. Louis, MO. Love it!

We live close. I'm In hazelwood mo

mistiblue
09-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Wow! Small world!! We go there frequently. Love the thrift stores!! :)

frankzito
09-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Wow! Small world!! We go there frequently. Love the thrift stores!! :)

It is lol. I love cabelas :-)

mistiblue
09-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Yep! We always take my dad there when he comes to visit. The Mills is a great mall!!