PDA

View Full Version : A low point.. need advice

stephanie3126
09-18-2013, 02:26 PM
I've been now diagnosed with tinnitus and I'm not sure if I'll ever get rid of it. I'm not sure what caused it but I'm pretty sure it was because of my stupid anxiety. Now the past few weeks I've been feeling really anxious and depressed and I don't see an end..

I'm trying to do this the natural way without pills or supplements but I'm getting desperate. I want to feel happy and healthy again but at the same time I dont want to make things potentially worse by going on a pill..

I've heard many times that diet and exercise really help. I've been trying my best to get going but I feel so lethargic it's hard. Any advice on what type of exercises/workout routines to do and what type of foods to eat and try out?

I need to get my sh*t together now that school started again and I can't afford to fail and drop out because of this stupid thing.. I would really appreciate any advice right now.. thanks in advance to anyone who could help

HealthAnxNut
09-18-2013, 02:31 PM
That must be maddening! I'm sorry. :( I don't have a lot of advice for you, but wanted to give you some support. I know I need to exercise, but my anxiety makes me afraid to, which is stupid, but reality! And when we get down, it's so easy to eat the wrong things. I sure hope you feel better soon!

petrified
09-18-2013, 02:34 PM
I used to use something called rescue remedy its quite expensive but it actually works its all herbal hope you are feeling better soon :-)

NeverToo...Fear
09-18-2013, 04:11 PM
..I know I need to exercise, but my anxiety makes me afraid to, which is stupid, but reality!...

^ I have that same problem! I need to exercise, but I'm afraid to..before my anxiety took a bad turn I was exercising regularly, and I was considerably happier.

...So my small advice, I'd recommend exercising at least 15 minutes a day. Swimming is a great workout idea. Doing short cardio bursts also works too. Just do a little every day to get use to a routine.. Eating lighter and more vegetables also improved my mood--but I think that's because eating healthier truly made me feel better.. I hope this advice helps a little..good luck :)

Ritch
09-18-2013, 04:56 PM
I would usually advise some supplements such as magnesium but you said you wanted to do it the natural way.

I would advise looking into mindfulness. http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mindfulness

stephanie3126
09-19-2013, 07:03 AM
I used to use something called rescue remedy its quite expensive but it actually works its all herbal hope you are feeling better soon :-)

What specific products do you use from the line? Quite curious to maybe try one of them.

petrified
09-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Hi I use the drops and chewy sweets they don't always work but have helped quite a bit. They got me through my driving test :-)

onebreathatatime
09-19-2013, 07:52 AM
What specific products do you use from the line? Quite curious to maybe try one of them.

I use rescue remedy as well, I use the drops in my water and it works for me. Although I'm not sure if it really helps or if it's a placebo effect, but I'll take it either way! :)

acetone
09-19-2013, 12:09 PM
I remember reading somewhere that he/she was able to suppress his tinnitus by using Xanax. It allowed him to sleep good.

patchezzzz
09-20-2013, 03:28 AM
The tinnitus is just anxiety.:) It will go away when the anxiety is under control. You say you don't want to take pills but what about trying something completely natural? Like vitamins, herbs, amino acids, etc.? As for working out, I was really terrified. One symptom I used to have from my anxiety is a racing heart 24/7. This scared me. I thought that if I exercised, my heart would explode. And of course, I had horrible fatigue. So I tried yoga at first.:) It's one of the first kinds of meditation. I noticed that my heart beat wasn't racing as fast anymore after a couple weeks because the yoga was so calming to me. After about a month, the racing heart was gone. So I moved on and started speed walking around my neighborhood. I did this until I felt comfortable jogging... And then running. Now I love to exercise. It feels so great. Just try the easy stuff first until you feel comfortable moving on to the next step. It's all about slow progression.:)

stephanie3126
09-20-2013, 06:39 AM
I remember reading somewhere that he/she was able to suppress his tinnitus by using Xanax. It allowed him to sleep good.

Xanax needs to be prescribed, and I'm not really looking to go see anyone at the moment to get it but thank you for the suggestion.

stephanie3126
09-20-2013, 06:43 AM
The tinnitus is just anxiety.:) It will go away when the anxiety is under control. You say you don't want to take pills but what about trying something completely natural? Like vitamins, herbs, amino acids, etc.? As for working out, I was really terrified. One symptom I used to have from my anxiety is a racing heart 24/7. This scared me. I thought that if I exercised, my heart would explode. And of course, I had horrible fatigue. So I tried yoga at first.:) It's one of the first kinds of meditation. I noticed that my heart beat wasn't racing as fast anymore after a couple weeks because the yoga was so calming to me. After about a month, the racing heart was gone. So I moved on and started speed walking around my neighborhood. I did this until I felt comfortable jogging... And then running. Now I love to exercise. It feels so great. Just try the easy stuff first until you feel comfortable moving on to the next step. It's all about slow progression.:)

Yeah I'd be more willing to try stuff like amino acids or even magnesium supplements.. I hear those are good too. Anything you recommend? Also what type of yoga do you do? I'm looking into a few gyms and I was just trying to figure out which one is best to try out. I did yoga once a few years back and I hated it. My muscles aren't in the best shape so I didn't last too long in the poses and it didn't really feel relaxing.

Thanks for all your suggestions evryone I really do appreciate it :)