PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do

fab
09-18-2013, 11:28 AM
hello, im 16 and male and wondering if i could get some advice, a few months ago i was living normally and enjoying life at school and one night i felt miserable and felt a little depressed and everyone gets depressed now and then but this depression feeling stayed with me for a long time, i was getting scared and felt like it would never go away, I talked to my mother and she said i was worrying... I tryed to move on but i couldn't, after 2 weeks of persistant worry and thoughts in never would go away i talked to her again and she said that when she was young she used to worry all the time and that she still does to this day, I can tell she does and that she has a worrying issue, for me, it's getting worse, I keep thinking that i will end up killing someone and i sometimes can't get close to my family, mainly my sister and mother, i don't like being close to them it gets me worked up and agitated and also I worry that i will also do a bad things to my pets and it makes me think about it all day everyday, when i'm with friends i tend to forget about these thoughts but by my self i can't stop, I also worry that i will become a rapist and I can't understand why and it makes me feel lonely and I always think that these thoughts will never go away and I won't be my normal self. it isn't a nice feeling and would this be classed as anxiety or some sort of disorder?

I need help and some advice on what it could be

Thanks

petrified
09-18-2013, 11:39 AM
It sounds like anxiety. I used to worry all the time when I was younger that I would end up in prison, not sure why but that was my worry. I do think that maybe you would benefit from therapy perhaps cbt therapy. I would also speak to your doctor as they might be able to help with some meds. Good luck to you :-)

fab
09-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the reply, means a lot, I'll try and sort something out with a doctor!

petrified
09-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Good for you, I hope you get the help you deserve I wouldn't wish anxiety on my worst enemy it's horrible to feel this way :-(