PDA

View Full Version : Learning to drive with GAD

shoestring
09-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Has anyone conquered it? My L expires soon, so I'm trying to be diligent, but it seems my anxiety is getting in the way. I constantly feel like my head is with the faeries, it's hard to concentrate. Does anyone have advice?

Dahila
09-17-2013, 08:31 PM
I had a hard time to start driving, and to pass the exam. I had never expected that after some time driving I will start to enjoy it. I do. When I am upset nothing helps me like a good drive :)

sparkling
09-18-2013, 03:11 AM
I had a hard time to start driving, and to pass the exam. I had never expected that after some time driving I will start to enjoy it. I do.

Same here.

shoestring, my sister was advised to take some Valerian pills before her driving exam. She did and it calmed her down a little. Valerian is a natural herb, non-addictive and it won't make you feel sleepy, unless you have been taking it continuously.

Dahila
09-18-2013, 06:36 AM
I took 0.25 mg of ativan before exam so did my daughter. She passed, I passed, my son did not need anything, he passed, We all enjoy driving, and we are good drivers. I think the possibility of moving around, and being the boss of that movement, gives us power. Maybe that stupid but I feel normal when I drive, calm and attentive. :)
By the way in my city to pass the driving test is not so easy ...