PDA

View Full Version : How I cured my anxiety problems http://tinyurl.com/2ghkht

KristenBrody
11-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Hey all

I just wanted to join up and share my experiences with anxiety - a story with a happy ending

I had always struggled in social situations, specifically high school, and it lead to me falling behind a year.
But when my mother died my life just fell apart. All my friends had moved away to college already and I was still stuck in high school
I had already been seeing a psychologist on a regular basis, but I just couldn't deal with doing that anymore, I was just so fed up with it all - the therapy hadn't worked for me yet, why would it start working now?
I started seeing a psychiatrist, and he put me on antidepressants but they didn't work for me either (a side effect of suicidal thoughts does Not help)
Anyway, this was about 5 years ago. Since then I resumed my therapy with my psychologist and started making some progress.

Recently however I found this one self-help program on the internet, made by a man named Jon Mercer and it's really fantastic.
It's a series of easy to follow videos and I'm just going through them one at a time, and every day I see myself improving! I just feel great about it!
I feel like I can put all of this behind me now.

so I just wanted to share with all of you my thoughts, and if you're interested in the program I'm using you can see his first video 'lesson' at the link in the thread title, about halfway down the page - and sign up to get the rest of them if you're impressed like I was.

if anyone else has used this program I'd love to hear how it has effected your life as well!

looking forward to your replies!
-Kristen