PDA

View Full Version : Does cbt work?

petrified
09-17-2013, 01:12 PM
And how does it work? I'm on a waiting list for mine just curious if its going to work for me

sharacel91
09-17-2013, 01:57 PM
I tired it for about 2 months maybe just under 2 months and sorry to say it didn't work for me but CBT is something that you do have to work at I found it a lot of "homework" if you like.

petrified
09-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Ok I think it's got to be worth ago I'm at the point im willing to do anything to feel relatively normal again. Thanks for your comment I appreciate it :-)

Cobra
09-17-2013, 04:23 PM
My shrink said it works for some people, but in his experience the most effective thing is to cultivate a fuck it attitude. He said anxiety is like a bully, and as long as you fear it, as long as you run from it, it is going to keep tormenting you. The only thing you can really do is stand up to it, let it do its worse, and keep on doing your thing. Or, he said, we can drug you. I opted for drugs, ativan, but I am trying to stand up to the anxiety, too.

petrified
09-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Yeah I've just started on antidepressants and beta blockers fluxotine and propananol I'm feeling worse for them at the min I only started Monday. I wish I could have that attitude but its fairly new to me and scaring the life out of me. I do get frustrated with my anxiety bit I get angry at myself and not the anxiety, perhaps if I switch my feelings it might help me more :-) thanks for the advice :-)