PDA

View Full Version : anxiety increases when sick HELP!!

Chloe
09-17-2013, 02:06 AM
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone else gets anxiety when they get sick. Ive been feeling sick the past couple of days and my anxiety is through the roof. BUT I'm also not sure if this has anything to do with my medication increase.

Please share your stories.

Thanks
:)

blondieqtpie
09-17-2013, 04:47 AM
When I'm sick I won't take my ssri meds. And yes sometimes it feels higher. Right now I'm up at 4 am because in sick and can't sleep. Personally I won't take cold meds and ssri meds at the same time. But anxiety and panic disorders are usually a combo of biological and psyscholical ; sp I'm tired, the meds meds you need to take the better

tailspin
09-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Yes, definitely, my anxiety increases a lot when I'm sick. Hope you feel better soon!

raggamuffin
09-17-2013, 01:06 PM
When you are sick your bodies defences are working over time. This leaves you feeling mentally and physically fatigued. pair this with anxiety which also leaves you feeling the same way and you will have heightened anxiety.

The cure? Don't fret or fear. It's these emotions of negativity that anxiety thrives off of and makes you feel worse. The worse you feel mentally the worse you wind up feeling physically. Your body will get better, just allow it to do so. Keep active and remember being sick or feeling anxious won't kill you.

Rest up, plenty of fluids, fresh fruit and veg and above all keep thinking positively. Fighting anxiety or worrying about it makes it worse. Accept it's anxiety, let the pains or sensations come and go as they please. The sooner you feel happier the sooner the anxiety starts to subside.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ed

Chloe
09-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Thanks guys. I feel like crap my anxiety is playing tricks on me. I just can't deal. It's one thing after another like when I start to get a hold of my anxiety I get sick and bam its back again . Is this what I have to look forward to every time I'm sick!

Dahila
09-17-2013, 08:33 PM
I feel worse when I am sick, I consider it normal.. Get well soon