PDA

View Full Version : Who feels and experiences the same?

chewie90
09-17-2013, 12:17 AM
I recently have been diagnosed with panic/anxiety disorder. It was so bad to were I lose balance, dizziness, nausea, loss in appetite, head pressure, etc. The list goes on. I experienced every symptom possible to this disorder. I was told "its normal, its just all in your head." That statement still doesn't make anyone feel better about what's going on. When it hits you physically and not only mentally, it because a problem. I have isolated myself from doing things I always done. I even stopped working for a while because it got that bad. I am now going to be working as off now because I now became irritated that this is not letting up. But when in a situation of panic everything just shuts down. I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.

rhar
09-17-2013, 02:07 AM
I constantly have dizziness, off balance feeling and feel spaced out and sick in general. It sucks

Cobra
09-17-2013, 08:28 AM
They say it is all in your head but it's really not. It's actually in your bloodstream. Adrenaline takes several hours to be metabolized by your system, so whenever you have an attack you will suffer the effects of adrenaline for several hours afterwards, and be more prone to further attacks, because it heightens your sensations of fear and awareness-readiness. To beat this, you have to learn how to be unfazed by the symptoms so that you do not continue to worry and feel fearful and keep pumping adrenaline into your bloodstream. One book I read about that called it floating. Just going with the flow without adding secondary fears to the panic feelings. You have to learn to stop your worrying and obsessing so that you stop producing the fear hormones producing the panic attacks.

chewie90
09-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Has anyone tried and vitamins to help with anxiety? I just bought super stress b complex with vitamin c from vitamin shoppe.

petrified
09-17-2013, 09:18 AM
I've tried rescue remedy its worked a little but I've just been put on meds propananol and fluxotine which are mild antidepressants and beta blockers. I only went on meds as I couldn't cope with the feelings of dread all the time. They aren't for everyone. I get dizzy spells, shortness of breath, headaches, muscle cramps, jaw ache, pins and needles through my anxiety and it's horrible. I've started taking magnesium before bed and it's helping me sleep now. I hope you find something that helps you, it's horrible living with this :-(

Cobra
09-17-2013, 09:24 AM
I take a regular daily vitamin, a B supplement and a krill oil pill. The brain needs those omega 3 fatty acids, which we don't get enough of anymore.

chewie90
09-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Thanks everyone. I will see how this b complex works and I have omega 3 but never knew it could help so I'll start that too to see how it works for me because meds is something I really don't want to do unless necessary. I've tried buspar and I had horrible effects from it. Never again!

jessed03
09-17-2013, 09:38 AM
I take a regular daily vitamin, a B supplement and a krill oil pill. The brain needs those omega 3 fatty acids, which we don't get enough of anymore.

Krill is so much better than CLO. It needs more popularity!