PDA

View Full Version : Safe Person

ErikaRae
09-16-2013, 11:53 PM
My safe person is my Husband. When I have a Panic Attack he knows what to do to help me which I am grateful for but now I cant be separated from him for fear that I will have an Attack and he wont be there and I cant handle it alone. I NEED to do this on my own but don't know how to stop depending on him without that causing a Panic Attack. I've been dependent on him for 9 yrs now, its what I'm comfortable with. Yes he helps me but when he's mad at me he really says some very mean things to me about me being clingy with him, and him not being able to do anything cuz he has to be there for me. His family says things too which makes me feel so guilty. I'm at a loss right now. I really need to learn to be alone and handle my attacks on my own. Any suggestions?? Sad thing is that if I didn't have these awful attacks that make me cling to him, I question whether I'd stay with him because he's a mean person not only to me but in general. I guess I have to focus on getting well before anything else.