PDA

View Full Version : PAINS....Chest, arms, sides, shoulders...

epollock
09-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Hey all - I havent posted in a while.

I really thought I had this whole anxiety thing licked but its starting to come back in full force. I have been off my meds for a very long time now (again - thinking that I had this thing under control) - - I had spoken with a Doctor who was very helpful to me at the time. He said that he too once suffered from Anxiety and that in time, he was able to over come it and has been off his meds for years. Well, with proper steps, I have been off for almost 8 months.

Recently - I entered into a really great relationship. Best one of my life infact. I am happy, energetic and honestly, I think I can say Im in love. BUT - I think thats whats causing the new symptoms. I think I am scared that its all going to be taken away from me. (this might have something to do with my PTSD as I suffered a huge loss in my life)
I am experiencing things I havent before - - sharp pains in my chest. A burning sensation in my back and shoulders and quick stabbing pains in my sides.
Im also getting dizzy at times - or I have the feeling that I cant breathe.

I have used all the old techniques to try to get through this - - I am NOT experiencing rapid heart beats anymore (which is a plus but I almost prefer it over this crap) - - but anyway - when I cant breathe, I clear my thoughts and realize that I can - - that there is nothing wrong with how I am breathing. BUT - I cant rationalize these pains.

Does anyone else have pains that they are fearful of? The doc that I spoke to months ago said that where I have severe anxiety and PTSD, that the slightest pain will be max'ed by 10 because my brain is looking for something to be wrong with me - - inventing something.
It might help to know that others are experiencing the same "symptoms" and what you do to get through it.

Or maybe its time for me to go back on my meds....

Cobra
09-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Sounds exactly like my symptoms, but throw in some IBS and tachycardia. Extremely sharp pains in chest, stomach, sides, back, arms, feet. I currently take about .25 ativan when I need it, half a pill. Somedays I can go without, somedays not.

epollock
09-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Sounds exactly like my symptoms, but throw in some IBS and tachycardia. Extremely sharp pains in chest, stomach, sides, back, arms, feet. I currently take about .25 ativan when I need it, half a pill. Somedays I can go without, somedays not.

Thats the meds that I was on - - only I was on .50 twice a day with a .50 PRN. It worked but I hated the fact that I needed something like that to be....me. Starting to think that if I want my life back on track, Im going to have to get back on it. Its been such a long time, I think it should have the same effects as it did.......