PDA

View Full Version : How do you manage to get a good nights sleep?

Lost84
09-16-2013, 01:28 PM
I suffer with anxiety and haven't been sleeping great, can anyone give me some advice/tips?

nf1234
09-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Try a product called Natural Calm Magnesium. Melatonin is also good as well as glycine, taurine, inositol, gaba and many others. Your sleep could really be affected by so many factors. Try getting some exercise and sunshine every day. Cut out sugar and caffeine.

Is your problem falling asleep, staying asleep, or both?

Lost84
09-17-2013, 01:59 AM
Not so much falling to sleep, it's usually in the morning feeling like I haven't slept where I must have been tossing and turning all night or waking really early and can't get back to sleep and sometimes during the night waking up and falling back to sleep.

raggamuffin
09-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Trying staying out of your room as much as possible and only use it for sleeping. That way your brain associates your room solely for sleeping in. Check your diet, try and cut out the processed sugars, fats etc. Cut out caffeine as in reality that tends to make us more tired overall than it does in keeping us awake and full of energy. Get more fresh air, more sunlight etc. And of course more fruit and raw veg. It's dietary changes that won't provide instant benefits but over time they will help so long as you maintain them.

Ed

nf1234
09-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Not so much falling to sleep, it's usually in the morning feeling like I haven't slept where I must have been tossing and turning all night or waking really early and can't get back to sleep and sometimes during the night waking up and falling back to sleep.

I would try the magnesium. It should put you into a nice deep sleep and let you wake up feeling refreshed.

M.fwhite
09-17-2013, 01:25 PM
I have an aromatherapy roller ball called De-Stress (you can buy it on ebay) that I put on my pillow it really calms me down and I find I get a good nights sleep.

Ahlstrom
09-17-2013, 06:13 PM
I work 10 hours a day 6 days a week in manual labor so I'm always tired. Combine that with some alcohol right when you get home and you'll sleep a good 12 hours

Olive Yew
09-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Tea. Lots of tea. Especially Wellness Tea by Sleepy Time. It has valerian root in it so dont drink too much. It'll knock you out good