PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy

Blessed
09-16-2013, 09:53 AM
I've been dizzy for a month now, had ears checked. No one knows why I'm dizzy is it just anxiety or do I need to go to ent? So sick of this feeling

Blessed
09-16-2013, 09:56 AM
It's liked head is in a fog and everything is in slow motion?!?!?!

u4ea
09-16-2013, 10:01 AM
I get this too.

When I think back - growing up, I had quick bouts of this, but never really contributed it to anxiety. It would just pass as sudden as the onset and I would forget all about it.

Blessed
09-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Does your dizziness last all day??? Mine is constant and won't ease up what can I do?

u4ea
09-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Does your dizziness last all day??? Mine is constant and won't ease up what can I do?

Yeah, it's pretty persistent. Not all day everyday, but when I do have stretches of this, it stinks...

jessed03
09-16-2013, 06:06 PM
This was one of my main symptoms, and, if I get extremely stressed, is usually the first one to come back. A really nasty symptom, one I hate the most ( maybe that's why it was my most frequent)

Anyway, from experience, I've found this symptom goes on a deeper level than heart palps, and shakiness etc. this is usually a sign of extreme anxiety if it happens more than once.

Work on your anxiety blessed. This is a sign from your body saying its struggling big time! You have a lot of progress you really should start making before you can live a normal life again. Good luck :)

You must, must, must, must, must, must, mustttt start making changes Now!

Blessed
09-16-2013, 06:42 PM
I just feel like I've done so much damage mentally that I can't fix this! How do I fix this how can I tell myself that I'm ok and not going to drop dead from this? Do I start Prozac again? Am I too far gone ?

patchezzzz
09-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Wait I think what you're describing is derealization... It can be mistaken for dizziness. It's also an anxiety symptom. You feel foggy, everything looks and feels surreal, your memory and concentration can be effected and sometimes you have no emotions. Does that sound like you? If it does, message me!

Blessed
09-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Thank you I'm so ready to be well again . Life has so much more to offer than this

jayj404
09-16-2013, 07:12 PM
I've felt like I've been in slow motion before. It's kind of scary. When I focus on the time of passing, it seems like everything slows down. Not sure of everybody feels this. I get the head fog all of the time. Our brain is just tired out bro. The best thing you can do is ignore it. Everybody feels head fog in their life. People just pass it of as being tired and ignore it.

patchezzzz
09-16-2013, 07:54 PM
I've had the head fog for 10 months and anxiety for 10 months. Is that normal? The head fog is derealization.

Blessed
09-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Please what the heck is causing me to be dizzy. My cardiologist insists its not the low dose atenolol . And that they don't mind if my heart rate is in the 50 or 60 range that that was GOOD! So why the heck do I feel soooooo dizzy. Please help me calm down this really bites

patchezzzz
09-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Get your ears checked! Your inner ear fluid is what determines balance and dizziness.

Blessed
09-21-2013, 12:35 PM
They have be checked three times and they all said they were fine. But I dunno if they can see the inner ear. This sucks

patchezzzz
09-21-2013, 12:40 PM
They can see the inner ear:) So you've had three opinions. Your ears aren't the problem. Is it just dizziness? Or do you also feel out of it (like foggy) and have a hard time concentrating?

simong
09-21-2013, 01:29 PM
I feel lightheaded all day. I have anxiety induced vertigo on top. Anxiety leads to Lighheadness/dizzy leads to vertigo leads to more anxiety. You can see how it can spiral into a mess.

patchezzzz
09-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Are you on any anti-anxiety medications? The only way to get rid of those symptoms is to either
A) completely ignore your anxiety. Pay it no attention. It's like a bully. If you give it no attention, it eventually will just leave. Or of you're impatient (like me)
B) Get on a medication to get your anxiety under control.

Blessed
09-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Just use Ativan as needed . Just so paranoid that i will pass out and die. I wonder if its bleeding ulcers from my stomach trouble. Or my blood pressure and heart rate are really low for me. Normal for everyone else but low for me . What if it keeps dropping???

raggamuffin
09-21-2013, 03:05 PM
It's just anxiety. If you spend day in day out fixating on it, worrying about it or allowing it to get you angry then it will continue for as long as you bestow your time on these negative emotions and fixations on symptoms. The sooner you accept it's no hidden illness and that it's all from anxiety and get on with your day to day, the sooner the dizziness will stop.

I too have had dizziness lasting months. But when I finally stopped searching for other reasons and accepted it was anxiety it left in a few days. Don't fight the symptoms, let them come and go as they please.

Ed

Blessed
09-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Yes something has to give. My husband has been very patient with me but is getting very frustrated because he says I won't listen to any doctor or to him saying that I am ok. I'm so extremely afraid of dying that I feel like I have lost all hope. I feel like if I don't check my vitals that ill miss something. Then when I do check and they are low or elevated I go into this compulsive state of paranoia.

tmolf36
09-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Blessed u r not alone...I feel the same way. I use to check my vitals constantly but now I do it once in a while..

raggamuffin
09-22-2013, 12:41 AM
You say if you don't check your vitals. Remember if dr's have checked and said nothing is wrong then it all reverts back to the sole cause - anxiety. YOu can't discount a Dr's findings. They have 5+ years of medical training. What you have is fears worries and constant paranoia. It's not a sound state of mind to base medical conclusions off.

Ed

Blessed
09-23-2013, 09:01 AM
Believe me you do make a lot of sense here. I'm just so scared because I have been dizzy for 2 straight months. It does feel like my ears are clogged. And I tried ear rinse and rubbing alcohol. The Internet has been convinced that the low dose atenolol beta blocker is killing me and has damaged my heart because I have all the same symptoms of dizziness, mood changes, agitated, water weight gain etc, And heart palps as they all complained of. and they have all wrote bad bad things about side effects. Now I'm worried about a brain tumor. Why does it have to be so complicated. I want to change doctors because they make me feel like a hypochondriac and I'm sure they talk about me it's a small town . Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Blessed
09-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Believe me you do make a lot of sense here. I'm just so scared because I have been dizzy for 2 straight months. It does feel like my ears are clogged. And I tried ear rinse and rubbing alcohol. The Internet has been convinced that the low dose atenolol beta blocker is killing me and has damaged my heart because I have all the same symptoms of dizziness, mood changes, agitated, water weight gain etc, And heart palps as they all complained of. and they have all wrote bad bad things about side effects. Now I'm worried about a brain tumor. Why does it have to be so complicated. I want to change doctors because they make me feel like a hypochondriac and I'm sure they talk about me it's a small town . Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Now my doc says I need to have a ct done of my head. Really???? Something else to stress over

mistiblue
09-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Something else that causes these symptoms is, TMJ. Which goes hand in hand with anxiety. Do your jaws ever hurt or feel tired? I have anxiety, MVP, and TMJ and they all cause these symptoms, so sometimes it's hard to know what's what! I'm sorry your in such a state, I know it sucks, but this too shall pass.