PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like a failure...

carissapink
09-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Been off of Prozac for 6 months and have decided to go back on. My anxiety and OCD just got to the point of being disruptive in my life and felt like I didn't have a choice...anyone else out there go through this?

mlj86
09-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Been off of Prozac for 6 months and have decided to go back on. My anxiety and OCD just got to the point of being disruptive in my life and felt like I didn't have a choice...anyone else out there go through this?

I was able to calm myself without meds the last time this happened to me about 10 years ago now it's back with a vengeance, I'm going to a state doctor this afternoon unfortunately I don't have health insurance.

tailspin
09-16-2013, 11:34 AM
I came off my anti-depressant a few years ago and I was determined to be med-free and just white-knuckle it though the rough times. For several months I did fine, but then, gradually, the anxiety and depression came back and the anxiety in particular then got totally out of control and was worse than at any other time in my life. That really scared me and I decided to start an anti-depressant again.

Hope the Prozac helps you soon and that you feel better again before long.

PS: I just read the title of your post again and just wanted to say I don't think it means you are a failure because you go back on Prozac. On the contrary, I think you are being really smart by recognizing that you need additional help and you are doing what is right for you. Definitely you are not a failure!!

JenXO
09-16-2013, 05:57 PM
I came off my antidepressants 2 years ago and I feel better.

Blessed
09-16-2013, 07:16 PM

Ooooohhhh me me me!!!! I stopped Prozac in January and did ok for few months and have gotten worse with each passing day. The worry fear anxiety and OCD is unbearable. I'm starting Prozac back tomorrow! Hang in there.

carissapink
09-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Yes, at blessed, I was doing really good for a few months but week by week the anxiety, OCD, and depression got worse to the point where I was having a hard time functioning. I had to weigh the pros and cons and I need to be able to function and not have this cloud hanging over my head. It was like my mind never stopped and I always had a hard time sleeping ever since I stopped the meds...

carissapink
09-16-2013, 07:40 PM
At tailspin, thank you for your kind words and encouragement!! I needed to hear that! I hope you feel better soon as well!