PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and drugs i e ecstacy cocaine pot

swaneejuggalo
11-24-2007, 09:51 AM
just your thoughts on doing them leading up to or after anxiety

Robbed
11-24-2007, 06:40 PM
I actually had anxiety about 14 years ago after doing drugs like LSD (only ONCE with that one!) and methamphetamine. It lasted a couple of years, and had me quite scared that I had done some serious damage as a result of using these drugs. But it DID go away with no intervention of any kind, other than just cutting the drugs out of my life. So I would say that if you stop using the drugs, you stand a good chance of getting better just with the passage of time. On the other hand, maybe you don't need any encoragement to stop using. I found that the anxiety that I experienced at that time was probably the best deterrent in the world. I don't even have a desire to use drugs ever again.

I should also note that, in my experience, anxiety caused by stress, negative thinking, and low self esteem is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH worse than anxiety caused by drug use.

ptncud
11-26-2007, 01:35 AM
Although i realise that i had anxiety before using pot/mushrooms/oxy it definetly got a ton worse after using them. I only used mushrooms and oxy occasionally but i smoked weed several times a day for about 6 months... towards the end was when i had my first anxiety/panic attack. My thoughts are that weed is definetly not a good thing for people with anxiety. Ive done a fair amount of research on it and theres a ton of posts where peoples anxiety was triggered by weed. This is the same for lsd and cocaine.

Mark
11-26-2007, 08:00 AM
I have heard on several occasions that weed makes you paranoid, but I have experienced the opposite effect. It seems to calm me down. In fact, I have found that I can shut off the negative voices in my head by smoking a little weed.
Mind you, I realize this does nothing but cover up my anxiety problems and that when the buzz is gone, the negative voices return. I does feel good to quiet everything down though.

JayR
11-26-2007, 08:46 AM
I had social anxiety problems beginning in middle school, and I was prescribed drugs that helped at first but then made them worse. In 9th grade I started smoking pot. At first it was a good time, but as I continued to smoke things got very very bad. I would consistently get paranoid, and have crazy thoughts, and feel as if I was out of control when I was "high". I put high in quotations because most of the time when I smoked I didn't get high, I felt as if I was poisoned. Smoking pot blurs your mind, and makes it harder for you to think clearly, and thus, unhealthy thoughts can storm your brain and cause anxiety without you having the capacity to control them. I would suggest to anyone who is having anxiety problems to do the following:

1) Don't do drugs of any kind. All drugs are chemicals that are in some way toxic to the body. They may effect one part of the body in a seemingly beneficial way, but they also absolutely effect other parts of the body (or the part of the body that it also effects beneficially) in a very negative way. All drugs have side effects. It may very well be that some drug you are taking is continuing your symptoms, and upon removing the cause, the effect of your symptoms will disappear.

2) Change your diet. You don't have to stop eating things that you enjoy. You can eat whatever you please. The change that needs to be made is, namely, you need to stop putting chemicals into your body. Mainstream large publicly traded food companies have one goal that must be reached. They must improve profits. That is their one fundamental goal. There are chemical food additives in our foods today that are toxic to the body. At the small doses which go into the food, they aren't capable of killing you instantly, obviously, but over time they can accumulate in your body and cause seriously health problems. Look at your food labels. If there are chemical words that you don't recognize as being some substance naturally occuring in the food that you want to eat, don't eat it. Eat food that is food. Don't eat chemicals, there is no reason to do so, you can just as easily buy the same foods that you enjoy that don't contain the harmful additives.

This is what I did, and it helped to an emmense degree. Stop putting toxins into your body, and watch your symptoms subside, or disappear altogether.

Also, read and obey your Bible starting with the New Testament. Its a peaceful feeling to know that God's wrath isn't resting on your shoulders when you go to bed at night.

In the way of righteousness there is peace. A lot of my depression and anxiety problems were the direct result of the morally corrupt decisions I was making. I think this same principle is true with all people who suffer these kinds of illnesses. The cause is in some kind of sin, or poor lifestyle choices, and or drugs.

Being at peace with God is the ultimate peace.

Robbed
11-26-2007, 05:33 PM
(2) Change your diet. You don't have to stop eating things that you enjoy. You can eat whatever you please. The change that needs to be made is, namely, you need to stop putting chemicals into your body. Mainstream large publicly traded food companies have one goal that must be reached. They must improve profits. That is their one fundamental goal. There are chemical food additives in our foods today that are toxic to the body. At the small doses which go into the food, they aren't capable of killing you instantly, obviously, but over time they can accumulate in your body and cause seriously health problems. Look at your food labels. If there are chemical words that you don't recognize as being some substance naturally occuring in the food that you want to eat, don't eat it. Eat food that is food. Don't eat chemicals, there is no reason to do so, you can just as easily buy the same foods that you enjoy that don't contain the harmful additives.

Admittedly, changing one's diet is one of the HARDEST things you will ever do. But it is interesting to note that, although doctors emphasize improving diet for improving PHYSICAL health, they will NEVER, EVER, EVER mention that this is something that should be done for MENTAL health.

JayR
11-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Admittedly, changing one's diet is one of the HARDEST things you will ever do. But it is interesting to note that, although doctors emphasize improving diet for improving PHYSICAL health, they will NEVER, EVER, EVER mention that this is something that should be done for MENTAL health.

Good for doctors. I personally know that limiting food additives improved my anxiety and depression symptoms, and I couldn't care less if a doctor says otherwise. It worked for me, and I'll suggest that other people do it if I please.