PDA

View Full Version : What is it about night-time?

Harly
09-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Hi forum!

I too suffer from anxiety, but only from between 2 am and 5 am. I used to suffer from it 24/7 a couple of years ago, but then it dissapeared completely. I felt free for two years - But now it has returned :(

During day-time I feel, act and think like I don't even know what anxiety is. But all of a sudden it's 2 am, and I am convinced I have a brain tumor, or that I will die within the next few seconds, or that maybe "I" don't even exist. I get quick surges of fear that completely stun me for a few seconds where I can almost feel the bloodflow increase in my brain. It has come to point where I can no longer sleep at night due to the fact that I currently associate falling asleep with the process of dying and so I panic EVERYTIME I am about to dose off. All of a sudden it's 6 am - At this time, I can no longer even comprehend why I would fear dying or not existing which I would have not ten minutes before. Anxiety and fear just completely go away.

Is this weird bi-polar kind of thing anything you guys have heard of or experienced?

jayj404
09-15-2013, 08:45 PM
No, you are not bi-polar. Bi-polar moods last for weeks or months. It's probably because you do pretty much nothing when you go to sleep. Anxiety is at its worst when you're inactive. Temporary fix-take sleeping pills. Sleeping pills have side affects, which can bring anxiety back as a whole. Try to face the fear itself. With anxiety, it will only get worse if you run away from it. When you get the thoughts of death, just let them run past. Your brain checks them off as bs if you just ignore them. Another thing you can do is get a "sleep buddy". Maybe a girlfriend, or just a friend. I know this sounds weird, but this helped out a lot with night time anxiety. Hope you get better!

405sammy
09-15-2013, 08:53 PM
My anxiety is like that at night time also during the day I'm ok 90% of the time and sometimes it hits during the day but 9 times out of 10 it's at night time..when I wake up jolted or feeling shaky I go jump in the shower and after that look on your phone or laptop at just various stuff and your mind will focus away from your worry most of the time and just give it a bit and the bad part will go away and just know that we all go through it and we live to see the next day.