PDA

View Full Version : feel hopeless

sweetopea
09-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Hello. Lately I have been suffering from severe anxiety. So bad that my hands are DRENCHED in sweat. My feet are sweaty and clammy all the time.
The other day when I went into the grocery store, my legs felt like they were going to come out from under me and I felt like I needed
to get out of there ASAP. My head began twitching uncontrollably.
I was recently(6 days ago) put back on prozac after quitting it cold turkey (stupid, i know). My dr was very concerned and told me I needed to get back on it ASAP. He put me on 20 mg. I knew there may be withdrawal symptoms but never imagined them to be this bad (if that is indeed what is happening to me-not sure).
Has anyone had a similar experience? I feel like i'm going crazy. I plan to go back to the Dr. tomorrow. The anxiety is unbearable.
Any words of wisdom or comfort would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

lee2
09-15-2013, 01:03 PM
I.sorry to hear that..I don't have any words of wisdom for Ya...but to let u know I am feeling the same way....I feel like I have gone crazy...my panic attacks cause me to feel shaky, and disorganized...and idk what triggers them..I am on the verge every second of taking my self in hospital..which is my greatest fear for mental hospital....my kids are my life and this has ruined my life...4 months now...I been on Zoloft genetic for a month or so..I take clonazepam everyday...I so lost

lee2
09-15-2013, 01:05 PM
I have lost so much weight....this is getting scary....I don't get much physical symptoms life u..I used to....it went away along ggggggg time ago..with out meds..now I just feel like I lost it..

tailspin
09-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Hello. Lately I have been suffering from severe anxiety. So bad that my hands are DRENCHED in sweat. My feet are sweaty and clammy all the time.
The other day when I went into the grocery store, my legs felt like they were going to come out from under me and I felt like I needed
to get out of there ASAP. My head began twitching uncontrollably.
I was recently(6 days ago) put back on prozac after quitting it cold turkey (stupid, i know). My dr was very concerned and told me I needed to get back on it ASAP. He put me on 20 mg. I knew there may be withdrawal symptoms but never imagined them to be this bad (if that is indeed what is happening to me-not sure).
Has anyone had a similar experience? I feel like i'm going crazy. I plan to go back to the Dr. tomorrow. The anxiety is unbearable.
Any words of wisdom or comfort would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Hi sweetopea, I'm really sorry you're having such a bad time. Definitely the side effects of quitting an SSRI cold turkey can be very nasty. It's good you went back to your doctor and I really hope being back on Prozac will soon ease the worst of the symptoms you're having right now. You might also want to ask him about taking an anti-anxiety med temporarily to help you through this. Let us know how you get on tomorrow with your doctor. Good luck to you!