PDA

View Full Version : This is odd

mlj86
09-14-2013, 08:57 PM
So I was standing in my kitchen and I said to myself "you've been miserable for two weeks STRAIGHT", "smile". I smiled even though I didn't want to and to be honest I kind of feel a bit better after forcing myself.

Cobra
09-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Yeah, it does work. Like they say, fake it til you make it. I'm having a bad time tonight, but I'm going to do that too!

mlj86
09-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Yeah, it does work. Like they say, fake it til you make it. I'm having a bad time tonight, but I'm going to do that too!

Try it, you may feel a tad bit better! My chest pains have been letting up :)

tailspin
09-15-2013, 12:30 PM
So I was standing in my kitchen and I said to myself "you've been miserable for two weeks STRAIGHT", "smile". I smiled even though I didn't want to and to be honest I kind of feel a bit better after forcing myself.

That's great. I need to remind myself more often of the benefits of making an attitude adjustment. Thanks for this!

NeverToo...Fear
09-15-2013, 04:46 PM
I often tell myself this great and simple quote when things are getting rough, "The problem is not the problem.. The problem is your attitude about the problem." Thanks for the advice to just smile, mlj ! :) ..I need to try it more often..

mlj86
09-15-2013, 04:55 PM
I often tell myself this great and simple quote when things are getting rough, "The problem is not the problem.. The problem is your attitude about the problem." Thanks for the advice to just smile, mlj ! :) ..I need to try it more often..

That is a wonderful quote! I will be using that :)