PDA

View Full Version : To website leaders

janey
09-13-2013, 11:23 PM
When you changed the chat feature, you changed AnxietyForum.
We miss the old chat. No one uses this new chat. I've never seen anyone on it.
It also tore apart a group on this forum and they really helped with anxiety.

Change it back! Change it back! Change it back!

NixonRulz
09-13-2013, 11:30 PM
When you changed the chat feature, you changed AnxietyForum.
We miss the old chat. No one uses this new chat. I've never seen anyone on it.
It also tore apart a group on this forum and they really helped with anxiety.

Change it back! Change it back! Change it back!

Listen to this one.

She cured my anxiety in the old chat.

It came back when it changed.

I gotta go. It's time for my panic attack.

jessed03
09-14-2013, 07:09 AM
I've never really spoken much with the two posters above, we never really seem to meet on any threads.

That being said, I must agree with Jenny and Nixons posts above. The old chat room was much easier to use on my iPad, and the once or twice I used the feature, I had some really good chats with a violinist, and somebody who could only be comforted by chat rooms, or from her sister. Good crowd.

acetone
09-14-2013, 08:23 AM
What is wrong with the new chat system?

janey
09-14-2013, 09:02 AM
Uhh, everything is wrong with it! It's obvious because no one uses it.
The old chat feature was amazing. You could log in with any name you want (so you can be anonymous should you want to discuss anxiety or personal problems, yet not ruin your reputation on the forum), it was bigger and not like Facebook. It could be opened in a different tab, which is less clutter on one page. Oh yeah, and you didn't have to be a member to chat, and that helped with a lot of people. Some people shy away from making accounts to aid with anxiety, so they just sit alone and deal with it by themselves. The old chat was an easier approach.

And it was fun.
F IS FOR FRIENDS WHO DO STUFF TOGETHER
U IS FOR U AND ME
N IS FOR N-E-WHERE AT ANYTIME AT ALL
DOWN HERE IN THE DEEP BLUE SEA

acetone
09-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Oh I see. Then I hope admins change it back again too. Although from my experience it seems that when change occurs to popular websites it is usually for the bad. Just take a look at youtube. What a mess it is now!

TheBlack
09-14-2013, 10:33 AM
I'm new and I do think the chat-room needs some work. It looks small. o_o

acetone
09-14-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm new and I do think the chat-room needs some work. It looks small. o_o

Is your avatar Ephidel from Fire Emblem?

janey
09-14-2013, 01:35 PM
CHANGE IT BACK! CHANGE IT BACK!
It used to be so much fun and um..very helpful. :D

janey
09-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

tailspin
09-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Who are the website leaders? This is the most un-moderated forum I've ever been on (which is actually great! Can't stand over-zealous moderators censoring the shit out of everything!! :rolleyes:) But I was curious as to who runs this site on a day to day basis?

acetone
09-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Who are the website leaders? This is the most un-moderated forum I've ever been on (which is actually great! Can't stand over-zealous moderators censoring the shit out of everything!! :rolleyes:) But I was curious as to who runs this site on a day to day basis?

The user named "forwells" is a moderator. Moderation isn't really required because most people who visit have been humbled by their anxiety or other health conditions. Still, I remember one time when an argument started and it led to a user leaving the site (not banned).

janey
09-17-2013, 08:47 AM
No one even cares. :C SITE LEADERS YOU RUINED THE FORUM CHAT ROOM.

NeverToo...Fear
09-17-2013, 11:23 AM
An easy chatroom was one of the reasons I wanted to join this site..but this format wasn't what I expected. I thought there would be a chat integrated with the forums or something like that.....I don't know how the old one worked, but I know that noone seems to be using the new one. It would be nice to have a good chat system set up so maybe we can all talk about other things besides anxiety and get to know each other a bit more....how often (if ever?) do the moderators visit? If enough ppl aren't happy about this, obviously it could use a change.

Anne1221
08-26-2014, 01:51 AM
Have you sent a message to the moderators? I did it once so there is a place on here to do that. Not long ago, maybe a few weeks, someone posted that he was a moderator, and now I can't remember who it was. Maybe you can start a post looking for names of the moderators, then sending them Private Messages. I just don't think any of them read the day to day postings.

Joe.
08-26-2014, 05:49 AM
Anne, it was Mark A. Camancho

But I do not expect he is a moderator

Anne1221
08-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Thank you! It was like on the tip of my tongue. I too wondered if he really was a moderator, and like you, I doubt it.

darkavenger
08-26-2014, 03:12 PM
I'm being a few days on forums and I have a strong feeling it's without any moderator, or administrator :/...

Joe.
08-26-2014, 06:03 PM
No, there are no mods anymore....

But do we need them though?

NixonRulz
08-26-2014, 07:33 PM
No, there are no mods anymore....

But do we need them though?

You only need moderators when the spammers and trolls come in

Right now seems to be a down time for both, so we are good

darkavenger
08-27-2014, 03:02 AM
Agreed, in general no, this board doesn't need moderator. Though, my "moderator" twitch is telling me otherwise. Since I was a moderator for 7 years on forums with 25-30k UiP/day, I know a thing or two about deleting spams, like that one above. It's dirtying threads needlessly. And also, I was took care of logos all the time, for different occasions, and tried to modify the skin a few times, even did. It's a nice addition and it's putting life to the board. Eventhough moderators aren't a necessary asset, administrator who checks out the forums once or twice a week for spams and functionality is a welcome addition. Nothing more, nothing else. I strongly do hope that administrator is only on holidays, or something...

And antispam system would do just perfect with more than two questions :)

Anne1221
08-27-2014, 10:33 AM
Janey, I hope you can get them to change the chat room. But if you can't, do you think you would find the facebook group helpful for you? I didn't join it,but I know a bunch of people from this forum did. I think it might have been ab123 who started it. I know Facebook is faster than this forum, which you might like.

Dahila
08-27-2014, 11:40 AM
hi darka I reported and the spam is gone. Do not worry, we are moderated :))

Surfside
02-28-2015, 04:38 AM
Dear Moderators,

May I request postings be moved from thread here "What-s-Your-Worst-Anxiety-Nightmare" that were in support to me by various members to another thread that I created "My-Repressed-Emotions-Removing-The-Mask" to use for my own support; rather than de-rail threads here again?!?

The support started here - http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?30077-What-s-Your-Worst-Anxiety-Nightmare&p=204033&viewfull=1#post204033

I feel starting a thread of my own would be of great help to me during this challenging time in my life, and I could really use the support.

This is what I would like to have as a support thread for myself.
http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?31305-My-Repressed-Emotions-Removing-The-Mask&p=204101#post204101

This way I could use my own thread for support for myself, and use other threads to help others and distract myself with off topic games/banter.

No rush to reply, but any help advice on going forward would be greatly appreciated :)

All my best :)

-Surfside

gypsylee
02-28-2015, 07:44 PM
I haven't read all this but if we are leaving messages for the website management here is mine:

Please bring back the app!!!

I have it on my phone but not on my iPad and I would really like one on there.

A new, improved app would be great too :) I would even pay for it.

Thanks,
Gypsy x

jessed03
03-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Thank goodness they banned that troll Janey.

Guys, if you want to talk to the website leaders, try posting in the Moderators thread (found in the sticky section). I've got a feeling they may read that thread, but not these ones.

NixonRulz
03-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Janey, AKA Kyle Morgan got banned

I think the moderators left this site long ago.

You can post anything. Forwells was the last I knew.

jessed03
03-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Can't believe he/she had 26 accounts. That means at one point, Janey was half of the forum...

I think forwells packed it up and called it a day. If you search for him, he's completely gone.

gypsylee
03-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Janey, AKA Kyle Morgan got banned

I think the moderators left this site long ago.

You can post anything. Forwells was the last I knew.

LOL I've never seen anything moderated here. I don't care, I just want the app!

Dahila
03-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Someone must be moderating the site, every time I report the spam it is gone in a few minutes.

NixonRulz
03-02-2015, 05:05 AM
Someone must be moderating the site, every time I report the spam it is gone in a few minutes.

I think you should be a moderator, Dahila. You can be scary. :o Spammers will flee as fast as they can from here.