PDA

View Full Version : Celexa expereince

mcboyle
09-13-2013, 09:19 AM
Hey everyone im just looking for a little bit of advice here. ive been on Celexa for a little more than a month now (for anxiety). it was pretty discouraging at first cause i was still feeling pretty anxious up until about the month point. the side effects were never really that bad for me just a little tired and dizzy. after the month point i started feeling really good! i got really excited because it wasnt like i was high on a drug but i was on a natural high just from being so care free. after a week or 2 of feeling good im feeling a little bit anxious again! im on 20mg right now is this normal for people who need to up their dose? i honestly dont want to do that but if i had to i would. or does this seem like the drug probably isnt going to work? thanks for any advice or experience.

patchezzzz
09-17-2013, 10:32 PM
I would say up the dose or wait a little longer. If Celexa is working well for you but you reach the maximum dose, try Lexapro. They're almost the same exact drug:) I've had experience with both.

alankay
09-18-2013, 07:33 AM
Give it another month. You need more time for you to really see how it will help fully. Alankay

mcboyle
09-18-2013, 08:15 AM
I would say up the dose or wait a little longer. If Celexa is working well for you but you reach the maximum dose, try Lexapro. They're almost the same exact drug:) I've had experience with both.

what were your experiences with both? are you still on either medication?

patchezzzz
09-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Sorry I took so long to reply!
Celexa- It gave me increased anxiety on the first night. I had a panic attack, my legs tremored for a couple weeks which made it hard to sleep. Those were just my side effects. After about a month though, all side effects were gone and I was feeling soooo much better. My crying jags were over and my anxiety had gone down. But after about two months, my anxiety and depression came back. Then, I went to Lexapro. I had no side effects and it worked wonderfully. But the same thing happened and the depression and anxiety came back after two months.

mcboyle
09-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Sorry I took so long to reply!
Celexa- It gave me increased anxiety on the first night. I had a panic attack, my legs tremored for a couple weeks which made it hard to sleep. Those were just my side effects. After about a month though, all side effects were gone and I was feeling soooo much better. My crying jags were over and my anxiety had gone down. But after about two months, my anxiety and depression came back. Then, I went to Lexapro. I had no side effects and it worked wonderfully. But the same thing happened and the depression and anxiety came back after two months.

I see, well ive been on the celexa for about 2 months now and my anxiety went down again and im feeling a lot better. i think I've just been dealing with some stuff thats giving me more anxiety. im gonna stick with it for a little while longer and hopefully it stays the way it is. i hope you have found a way to cope or remedy your own anxiety. best of luck patchez.

patchezzzz
09-21-2013, 07:21 PM
What dosage are you on? And also keep in mind that certain SSRIs can take up to 3 months to get the FULL effects. So stick with it another month and see how you're feeling. And thank you:) I'm now on Zoloft, Wellbutrin, and Klonopin. Haven't had an anxiety attack in MONTHS. Just derealization:(

chewie90
09-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Hey,
I just started it yesterday and I was prescribed 10mgs and I am so sick from it, its not even funny. I'm very sensitive to side effects but everyone reacts different, so I had to cut mine in half (5mg)and do that for a week and then increase to 10mgs. Hope it works for me and you but the extreme nausea is killing it for me. Wish me luck

mcboyle
09-22-2013, 10:41 AM
What dosage are you on? And also keep in mind that certain SSRIs can take up to 3 months to get the FULL effects. So stick with it another month and see how you're feeling. And thank you:) I'm now on Zoloft, Wellbutrin, and Klonopin. Haven't had an anxiety attack in MONTHS. Just derealization:(

im on 20mg in morning.

mcboyle
09-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Hey,
I just started it yesterday and I was prescribed 10mgs and I am so sick from it, its not even funny. I'm very sensitive to side effects but everyone reacts different, so I had to cut mine in half (5mg)and do that for a week and then increase to 10mgs. Hope it works for me and you but the extreme nausea is killing it for me. Wish me luck

its so insane how differently it can be from person to person! ive heard people say they get a lot of nausea from it when i got zero. just made me really sleepy and increased heart rate. it took about 2 weeks for all of my side effects to go away but then i was questioning if it was even gonna work because i felt no different. i feel bad for the people who have nausea because thats a lot more to deal with than just being sleepy. i hope you can stick with it to where it helps you out!

Maybe try taking your tablet with some food if you havent already.

chewie90
09-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Hey Boyle,

I'm stopping it now. I rather just find better ways to help then a chemical. The nausea is unbearable and no one should go thru this. So my last one was last night. And I didn't take it tonight. Wish me luck. The nausea is still here so I took meclizine to help

mcboyle
09-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Hey Boyle,

I'm stopping it now. I rather just find better ways to help then a chemical. The nausea is unbearable and no one should go thru this. So my last one was last night. And I didn't take it tonight. Wish me luck. The nausea is still here so I took meclizine to help

Good luck! what were you taking the med for?

chewie90
09-23-2013, 11:11 PM
Panic disorder but it started to let up before the drug so I probably shouldn't have started out in the first place

mcboyle
09-24-2013, 08:52 AM
Panic disorder but it started to let up before the drug so I probably shouldn't have started out in the first place

when i was trying to find ways of helping out my anxiety i would exercise and do lots of deep breathing style yoga. it really helped for me and thats a very healthy habit to get into young aswell.

alankay
09-24-2013, 09:34 AM
In my case I did not sleep on it even after 6 months. Tried lexapro but it did not help with anxiety as well as prozac so back the that I went at 20mgs/day and am better. alankay