PDA

View Full Version : beta blockers n fluoxetine anyone had these????

kim654
09-13-2013, 08:35 AM
After a awful week I decided to go back to the doctors been feeling awful having heart palpitations that wake me through the night so im always tired, panic attacks and feeling my heart go into overdrive tight chest, pains in my head so wrote it all down n off I went. Doc was great took my blood pressure n pulse which was sky high so told me all about the affects of stress n anxiety n prescribed me beta blockers to calm me down n fluoxetine. Took them n my heart feels alot calmer, I hate taking medicine but feel that I need to try something as so tierd of feeling like this.... has anyone else tried these???

mlj86
09-13-2013, 08:36 AM
I've never tried them. How long have you been on them?

kim654
09-13-2013, 08:40 AM
Only since yesterday. How did you get on with them? Did they help at all? Docs keep scaring me saying how stress is so dangerous which scares me even more.

mlj86
09-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Only since yesterday. How did you get on with them? Did they help at all? Docs keep scaring me saying how stress is so dangerous which scares me even more.

It's dangerous because as you get older it will affect more things. Get the treatment you need and deserve now so you don't have to deal with the repercussions.

petrified
09-13-2013, 09:21 AM
I've just got fluoxetine today as well I'm hoping they are going to work I panic over side affects

Blessed
09-13-2013, 09:26 AM
I've just got fluoxetine today as well I'm hoping they are going to work I panic over side affects

I am supposed to go back on fluoxetine but am like so many, just don't wanna deal with another med And the side effects

mlj86
09-13-2013, 09:37 AM
I would take anything that would put these thoughts to the side.....if only I had health insurance. I've tried going to walk in centers and they refuse to prescribe anything so I've started going to a state mental health clinic, unfortunately its like a food line basically, I seem normal compared to these people, actually scares the crap out of me I hope I don't end up like that.

kim654
09-13-2013, 11:09 AM
I know I once took steraline and it made me feel awful so I stopped taking it. Not sure if ill take it maybe just the beta blockers to calm myself down. Why can't I just feel normal n happy

mlj86
09-13-2013, 11:10 AM
I know I once took steraline and it made me feel awful so I stopped taking it. Not sure if ill take it maybe just the beta blockers to calm myself down. Why can't I just feel normal n happy

I ask myself that question every day :( it's a very sad feeling.

kim654
09-13-2013, 11:13 AM
How long have you suffered with anxiety??