PDA

View Full Version : What is the bravest thing you have done with anxiety.

Whattodo?
11-22-2007, 04:48 PM
For me, it would have been flying alone. Whether it is small or large, what do you think is the bravest thing you have done even though you were scared to death of it?

smbkrn
11-22-2007, 10:13 PM
I dont consider them to be all that brave, just trying to be "normal".

Attending large sporting events
Throwing large parties at my house
Hard exercise where I really have to exert myself.

For various reasons, all three of these things can trigger those panicky thoughts and feelings.

Robbed
11-23-2007, 08:09 PM
I can't really say what is the bravest thing I have done for one reason: without fear, there is no bravery. Some people here might consider my summitting Sonora Peak at 2:00AM to be a brave act. But I don't find such things fearful in the first place. So I can't consider it an act of bravery. On the other hand, my biggest fear is actually the whole possibiliy of suffering from an anxiety condition in the long term from which I can't recover, and having to live a shattered life because of it. And perhaps there really is no good way to face this fear with bravery.

http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/31643/2655028830084183502S500x500Q85.jpg (http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2655028830084183502YfUWNm)

Summit of Sonora Peak at 2:00AM. It only looks like daytime because of the full moon and long exposure.

Whattodo?
11-23-2007, 08:40 PM
I flew to Boston alone, but I was really new to panic, so things like public transportation didn't really bother me all that much at the time.

swaneejuggalo
11-24-2007, 05:59 AM
I dont consider them to be all that brave, just trying to be "normal".

Attending large sporting events
Throwing large parties at my house
Hard exercise where I really have to exert myself.

For various reasons, all three of these things can trigger those panicky thoughts and feelings.

This is my same theory but living without meds and getting through is the bravest thing ive ever done

Whattodo?
11-24-2007, 11:55 AM
I mean what is the bravest thing you feel you've done in the context of your life. Obviously going to the store alone is pretty routine for people without anxiety, but if your house-ridden it's a pretty brave thing.