PDA

View Full Version : Irritated throat

amm1066
11-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Hi,
Has anyone had a persistant irritated throat due to anxiety?
I have had it for months at ago,been to Docs si I no its nothing serious.
When I think about it I am clenching my teeth,not swallowing and pressing my tongue hard against the roof of my mouth. I then swallow to often which makes it worse.

Thx

smbkrn
11-22-2007, 10:09 PM
I have never experienced anything like that. Sorry

Robbed
11-23-2007, 05:40 AM
I have had an itchy throat due to anxiety. For me, it tends to be relatively sporadic. But for a friend of mine with OCD, it is a MUCH more chronic problem.

amm1066
11-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Thx,
that makes sense as I have ocd.

Robbed
11-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Thx,
that makes sense as I have ocd.

Then again, you might not have primary OCD. Obsessive thoughts (about health or otherwise) are common anxiety symptoms for many, if not most people with anxiety problems. This also shows the absurdity of the current system of diagnosing and naming mental health problems. If you look at most peoples' anxiety disorders from the point of view ofa psychiatrist, most people have multiple disorders. But I certainly don't look at it this way. If you are experiencing, say, depression and obsessions along with general anxiety, I look at this as all being part of the same problem, rather than separate problems. On the other hand, most 'professionals' look at having depression and obsessions along with anxiety in the same way that they would look at having an ear infection and athlete's foot along with a cold. Interestingly, Dr Claire Weekes recognized that depression and obsessions go along the ride with anxiety, and are all a part of the same probem. And this was way back in the 1960s. It's just amazing how things have regressed since then.