PDA

View Full Version : Shortness of breath

nicole123x
09-12-2013, 12:29 AM
Does anyone's shortness of breath, the feeling like you can't breathe or need to keep yawning to catch your breath, does that stay for a few days? A week or more even? I've had it for about a week +

I was going to the doctor for pills and I asked him to check my oxygen level and it was 98% ??

CatoAsAPun
09-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Shortness of breath is very common. It should be nothing to worry about.

Just remember that shortness of breath doesn't necessarily mean you're losing the ability to breathe. As long as you're breathing, short breaths or not, you're getting oxygen.

emtw12
09-12-2013, 02:20 AM
Yeah I get it allot it's annoying feeling like I can't get a deep breathe or can't fully yawn

LaFleur3
09-12-2013, 02:41 AM
Yep. Very common from what my own experience and others I've known of. Think of it like after you do a physical activity like running or playing sport, you experience that shortness of breath but you don't really notice it because it's normal to you. When you have anxiety and you get this symptom it feels abnormal because you are generally seated and are concentrating on it and want to know why it is happening. As others have said you are getting oxygen and it shouldn't all be causing you any physical health problems that aren't symptoms of anxiety.