PDA

View Full Version : Hungover again......

ParanoidPenny
09-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Ugh! I'm a flight attendant and one of the things we do is all hangout at the bar to socialize on our layovers. I had too many glasses of wine last night and now I'm having horrible anxiety. I keep having chest pains and I keep feeling numb and I'm really freaking out. Why do I do this to myself! I love drinking because I feel great and have no anxiety but the next day is horrible!

frankzito
09-10-2013, 05:39 PM
You will learn lol

ParanoidPenny
09-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Lol....you would think so. I've been flying for 8 years and do it every trip. It's just that my anxiety is worse now so it magnifies everything. :-/

u4ea
09-10-2013, 05:46 PM
I do the same - though I'm not a flight attendant; I definitely feel you though : \

frankzito
09-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Lol....you would think so. I've been flying for 8 years and do it every trip. It's just that my anxiety is worse now so it magnifies everything. :-/

One of the things I miss most is getting drunk. It gets me every time too :-(

NixonRulz
09-10-2013, 06:28 PM
The cool part is.... You get over it in a few hours so you are free to live the dream again that night.

ParanoidPenny
09-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I do the same - though I'm not a flight attendant; I definitely feel you though : \

What kind of symptoms do you get?

u4ea
09-10-2013, 06:45 PM
=ParanoidPnny;116419]What kind of symptoms do you get?

Very similar to yours - classic anxiety symptoms on top of the hangover.

tailspin
09-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Amazing you can fly so much! Fear of flying has become a huge phobia for me....It didn't used to be such a big problem but now it is and that sucks because I am about 5 years overdue to make a long haul flight to visit family!! At any rate, I definitely admire that you're able to be a flight attendant, despite the fact that you have an anxiety disorder!

I can relate to feeling really up when you drink and then paying for it the next day. That's a tough one because the up feelings are powerful and it's natural to want more of them. Especially if your friends are all drinking too. I wish I had some good suggestions for you! I guess the obvious answer is to try and drink less so you don't have a hangover the next day. But I know that's hard to do when you're having a good time.

ParanoidPenny
09-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Well, I did have a fear of flying when I was younger but I decided to suck it up and go for it because its an amazing job. My anxiety is more of a heal anxiety so the on,y problem wih flying is thinking about something happening to me on the plane or on a layover away from my family.
You should definitely take you trip ..... Just get some Xanax and pass out ;-)

tailspin
09-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Well, I did have a fear of flying when I was younger but I decided to suck it up and go for it because its an amazing job. My anxiety is more of a heal anxiety so the on,y problem wih flying is thinking about something happening to me on the plane or on a layover away from my family.
You should definitely take you trip ..... Just get some Xanax and pass out ;-)

LOL! Thanks, Penny! :)

u4ea
09-11-2013, 06:57 AM
My anxiety is more of a heal anxiety so the on,y problem wih flying is thinking about something happening to me on the plane or on a layover away from my family

Wow, that's one of the first ways my anxiety manifested earlier this year; on a flight from Boston to Las Vegas.

mandipants84
09-11-2013, 01:02 PM
I enjoy drinking also, and it used to be how I would cope with my panic disorder but now I feel awful the next day and the attacks are so much more severe. Just can't do it

lee2
09-11-2013, 02:23 PM
With how bad I am now.I would never drink...I don't know how I would deal the next day...actually I feel hung over everyday

u4ea
09-11-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm thinking I might go out drinking tonight actually

ParanoidPenny
09-11-2013, 04:29 PM
LOL :-D
I will be on vacation until Wednesday and be drinking everyday.... pray for me.

u4ea
09-11-2013, 04:35 PM
LOL :-D
I will be on vacation until Wednesday and be drinking everyday.... pray for me.

I will, have fun and be safe! I'm 3 beers and 1 shot in tonight - cheers!

NixonRulz
09-11-2013, 04:44 PM
The best part about drinking is I actually believe people like me..

u4ea
09-11-2013, 04:52 PM
The best part about drinking is I actually believe people like me..

I'm fairly certain this isn't true! : \

NixonRulz
09-11-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm fairly certain this isn't true! : \

You just said that because I'm drinking. LOL

u4ea
09-11-2013, 05:49 PM
You just said that because I'm drinking. LOL

I'm drinking too : ) - but I'm still sure it isn't true; why are you saying such foolish things?

solta
09-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Ugh! I'm a flight attendant and one of the things we do is all hangout at the bar to socialize on our layovers. I had too many glasses of wine last night and now I'm having horrible anxiety. I keep having chest pains and I keep feeling numb and I'm really freaking out. Why do I do this to myself! I love drinking because I feel great and have no anxiety but the next day is horrible!

Would it be possible to just quit drinking? I feel the same way after drinking and I've had huge issues with alcohol in the past so I know its not easy.

I just tell myself that the elevated anxiety levels are caused by alcohol and I'm going to feel better in soon (for me it can last for weeks, though but it always goes away). I feel so bad the day after and but still its so hard resisting to drink... So yeah, the best way to avoid that is to not drink, of course. I love it too but had to give it up :(

janey
09-11-2013, 10:35 PM
@Nixon I thought your wife's arms got you drunk.

ParanoidPenny
09-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Would it be possible to just quit drinking? I feel the same way after drinking and I've had huge issues with alcohol in the past so I know its not easy.

I just tell myself that the elevated anxiety levels are caused by alcohol and I'm going to feel better in soon (for me it can last for weeks, though but it always goes away). I feel so bad the day after and but still its so hard resisting to drink... So yeah, the best way to avoid that is to not drink, of course. I love it too but had to give it up :(

Well, I just love drinking lol.
I think after this vacation I am going to really.cut back and start weight training again ( so I say )

NixonRulz
09-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Well, I just love drinking lol. I think after this vacation I am going to really.cut back and start weight training again ( so I say )

That's the spirit.

That plan sounds great.

All except the cutting back and weight training thing. ; )

NixonRulz
09-12-2013, 07:08 PM
@Nixon I thought your wife's arms got you drunk.

Indeed....

ParanoidPenny
09-14-2013, 11:05 AM
So. Got drunk last night and blacked out. Apparently I tried to fight my boyfriend. You can only imagine how I feel today.

angharadp81
09-14-2013, 11:13 AM

Same ! I went out drinking last night and now my anxiety is really bad !! :( first time I've been drinking since I've had anxiety :(

ParanoidPenny
09-14-2013, 12:26 PM
My anxiety isn't that bad today. I think I'm in too much pain to worry. I fell (a few times) and I woke up with what feels like a broken rib, 2 bruised knees and a black eye. I think I over did it a little. O_o

u4ea
09-14-2013, 08:00 PM
My anxiety isn't that bad today. I think I'm in too much pain to worry. I fell (a few times) and I woke up with what feels like a broken rib, 2 bruised knees and a black eye. I think I over did it a little. O_o

Holy hell - that's one hell of a night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NixonRulz
09-14-2013, 09:38 PM

Where I live, we call that a good night.

JLBnole68
09-14-2013, 09:46 PM

I'm glad you're not a pilot. Lol

jessed03
09-15-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm glad you're not a pilot. Lol

This made me laugh!