PDA

View Full Version : Fear of no sleep

helpmepleez
09-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Hi, new here. I've had this same anxiety problem years ago and it's come back to totally disable me again. I don't fear anything during sleep, I have a fear not getting sleep and suffering all the consequences which end up disabling me. So the anxiety keeps me up all night. Does anyone relate to this or know anything that can help. I am again taking meds and attempting therapy but it's just not working. I end up in the ER hoping for help but of course get diagnosed as 'anxiety'. Does anyone relate to this or know anything that can help? Thanks.

petrified
09-10-2013, 05:02 PM
My fear is not waking up and dying in my sleep so i normally try and keep myself up and then up crashing. But even on a goodnight when I'm not so worried when I try and get some sleep I can't switch off and I get weird twitches and feeling my heart is stopping. No sleep is horrible I really feel for you

Hockeyfan1964
09-10-2013, 05:09 PM
I do relate to it as I have had it for the better part of a year. I even think that I am being told in my mind that if I don't do certain things I won't sleep. Very stressful indeed.

AnxietyAmbz
09-10-2013, 07:35 PM
I get phases of this. I worry about waking up next day. Will i wake. Will i be poorly if i dont sleep. How does sleep work. Luckily its only the odd night for me but it is awful i feel for you. I read listening to outside noise is 1 technique like cars going past etc. Low music in headphones use to help me on a really low volume. Aparently it helps you drift off. Cause your mind can relax between noises and your mind cant worry and focus on noises your hearing at same time. Apologies if doesnt help just 1 technique ive read.