PDA

View Full Version : How will i no if im dying or its my anxiety?

petrified
09-10-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm really scared right now I've got a bad dental infection had loads of antibiotics of the past 3 weeks I feel really poorly tonight tiredness migraines and my face and neck is swollen. I'm terrified to sleep in case I don't wake up.

autumnbee123
09-10-2013, 04:46 PM
You can't really know for sure unless you go to the doctor. I would advise doing so if your face and neck is swollen. The headaches and stuff could just be side effects of all the medications

autumnbee123
09-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Dental infections can be serious. But if you're already on antibiotics and have been on them for weeks and its getting worse you could be allergic to the antibiotic. Are you getting any hives or anything? Is the swelling turning different colors?

petrified
09-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Swelling is normal colour and no, no hives or anything so far I've had co amoxiclav, metronidazole with amoxicillin and now a course of amoxicillin. Just wish I could sleep im exhausted. I had a few hours today as I asked my husband to keep an eye on me but he's fast asleep now and that's when my worrying starts

autumnbee123
09-10-2013, 04:59 PM
It's probably the antibiotics mixed together. I've found that taking more than one at a time really drains me for some reason. One time I had a bad allergic reaction from taking two different antibiotics together

petrified
09-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Thanks I hope so just want to feel normal again its draining me :-/

autumnbee123
09-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Yeah, if it gets worse definitely go to the hospital to be sure it's not mixing in a bad way. Just to be sure!!

petrified
09-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Thanks I think the hospital, docs and gp are fed up with me now hehe I get embarrased to go I feel they laugh at me

autumnbee123
09-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Well even so. Lol it could be bad to mix those and tell them you just wanna be sure... I almost went to the hospital today because I felt really lightheaded and numb. Which is something I feel all the time but I just thought I need to go even though they don't do anything every time I go. Lol

petrified
09-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Yeah I no I've never had anxiety before but this past month has been hell I've even considered getting sectioned so at least I would be able to sleep then as u would be monitored through the night. Crazy I no but it's just how I feel right now

autumnbee123
09-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Howcome they don't take the tooth out or drain it??? Is it too infected to get that done?? If not you should do that. And it's understandable I would be scared too. Although I always think I have tooth infections and stuff because I get bubbles on my gum that doesn't really go away

petrified
09-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I had it out yesterday as it was still really infected and causing me loads of problems. It's just I read online about horror stories from dental infections and extractions where people die and I've kind of convinced myself that's whats happening. I'm always like this at bedtime it's horrendous

autumnbee123
09-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Well they probably put you on antibiotics to slow it down so it could be drained or extracted. My friend had a bad tonsil infection and they wouldn't take them out because the infection was too bad and would kill her if they took them out. I would definitely go to the hospital to have them check and see how bad the infection is and if its too bed they would probably put you on an anti biotic IV drip every 8 hours. I would go in and talk to them about it now.

petrified
09-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Okay thanks

autumnbee123
09-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Let me know what happens ill be here to talk to!! (: I'm sure you'll be fine just go in to be sure pleeeeease! Plus I think if they do the IV you'll feel more comfortable being in the care of doctors over night who knows what they're doing. They will take care of you. Just be strong and know you'll make it through this one way or another.

anthonyjbro760
09-10-2013, 08:57 PM
I ask my self this question all the time :(

petrified
09-11-2013, 05:35 AM
Hi just to let you no a and e did nothing just told me to carry on with the antibiotics I am on I've had zero sleep feel worse than ever my doctor won't see me because its a dental problem and my dentist can't see me until tomorrow I'm freaking out

mlj86
09-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Hi just to let you no a and e did nothing just told me to carry on with the antibiotics I am on I've had zero sleep feel worse than ever my doctor won't see me because its a dental problem and my dentist can't see me until tomorrow I'm freaking out

Did you tell the dentist it was an emergency, how many times has he sent you back that it was nothing to worry about