PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Twitching between thumb and index finger ~ freaking out!

ejhaege
09-10-2013, 11:37 AM
I developed a twitch in my the palm of my hand between the thumb and index finger. It started a month ago, on the first day of vacation. It is on my left side, which I use to walk our Great Dane and to hold my 2 year old. I don't have any weakness in it, that I can tell. The twitch does effect my thumb, index and middle fingers with a mild twitch sometimes. I am freaking out. Do I have ALS, MS, Parkinsons ? I have been on Dr Google and have freaked myself out. I have told my GP about it and he just shrugged it off and asked if it really bothers me..I said no, so he said I am okay. What should I do. I just started to see a chiropractor yesterday and he said that I have very tender, swollen muscles on my left side. He also did some simple nuerological test that I passed. What now ? Do I get some other testing done ? Has anyone else had this ? Please let me know!

Very scared,

Julie

NixonRulz
09-10-2013, 02:20 PM
I have had the same twitch in the same hand for a few years. It comes and goes. Usually when pretty relaxed.

I can put a paperclip on the web of my hand and the twitch lifts it up a few inches.

It's kinda cool. Enjoy your whacky twitches. You can be the life of the party as you propel normal objects across the room without throwing.

Oh...you don't have any of those illnesses you are concerned with.