PDA

View Full Version : Night Terrors

Charlotte_
09-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Just looking for general advise really...

I keep waking up in the middle of the night and have the feeling someone is in my room. I get too scared to go to the toilet in the night incase they're waiting outside. I know that sounds childish but even when I'm not asleep I have the feeling that something is with me and I will usually have nightmares because of it.

I am currently taking diazepam so I don't know if that's effecting it.
Just wanted to know if anyone else gets this or if its linked with the medication?

I've always had the worry just not to this extreme :/

SleeplessInPA
09-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Do you live alone? I hate being alone at night, when I am home alone I have a terrible time trying to sleep/relax.

Charlotte_
09-09-2013, 03:31 PM
I live with my parents but if I'm away from home its worse.
I feel fine if I sleep with my boyfriend but he doesn't live with me. :/

I understand that it would be harder on your own. Hope it passes for you soon as its a horrible feeling inside! :(

Silmarwen18
09-09-2013, 05:51 PM
I know that feeling >.< There are times when my parents are home but in bed and I'm too scared to leave my room, even just too scared to get out of bed... Don't worry it will pass and remember that its only in your head, theres nothing there that can hurt you. I use my dog as my muse when my fiance isnt sleeping with me. I just tell myself, "If anyone or anything was here my dog would go nuts as he does when someone knocks on the door" and as long as his sleeping calmly on the end of my bed I know theres nothing there and I am free to roam my house unworried :)

Charlotte_
09-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Try doing some deep breathing exercises for about 30 minutes before you go to bed. you'll start seeing a big difference in the way you sleep.

Thank you :) this has been helping slightly!

MrsJ88
09-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Thank you :) this has been helping slightly!

I take diazepam and have never had night terrors, just thought id let you know.

Charlotte_
09-15-2013, 03:49 PM
I take diazepam and have never had night terrors, just thought id let you know.

Thank you:)
I had them mild before anyway, the doctor said it was probably a reaction to the medication.