PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety

rachbond
09-08-2013, 03:17 PM
So last night I was lying down. An urge came over me that I couldn't breathe pins and needles in my hands and it went on and on my husband ended up calling an ambulance who said my heart rate was fast, told me I'd had an anxiety attack so today my breathing is still the same has anyone had this private message me please I'm so worried! X

lee2
09-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Yes, I had theses symptoms when I younger..even my gums woukd tingle...and yes it's all anxiety...and anxiety is so scary it's the devil..and it's got he for sure

rachbond
09-08-2013, 05:09 PM
It's so scary how long will the breathing thing last im so scared to go to sleep incase I don't wake up

lee2
09-08-2013, 05:19 PM
U know mine would come abd go...dud they do test on u. ..and also did they give u a anti anxiety med.that still help..I never took meds either tell now.. and the anti anxiety pills work..my depression pills haven't

rachbond
09-08-2013, 05:27 PM
They tested my heart and oxygen levels and basic things they didn't give me any meds no told me to see my doctor

lee2
09-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Is this the first time with anxiety? Yes get to doc...right away...if it's anxiety they have pills to calm u down and they work. I have had issues all my life when in was younger I had EXACTLY what yir SAYING...Idk...but one day they were gone...no meds nothing..I.was bad to..10yrs later now, with 2 kids I had a severe anxiety attack...couldn't eat, sleep, nite my current anxiety is not I dying but going crazy

lee2
09-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Also ask for thyroid test...I was hoping that's what was wrong with me..bit unfortunately my anxiety,panic disorder came back to haunt

rachbond
09-10-2013, 03:42 AM
I've had a thyroid blood test all was normal I don't kno I'm worrying it could be something more than anxiety! Like cancer or summat

lee2
09-10-2013, 07:42 AM
What are your symptoms to feel like it's cancer

rachbond
09-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Non that I know of my symptoms are mucus headache struggling to breathe and ear blockage but other than that nothing, I'm on meds lee and its making me suffer with tiredness only started them yesterday xx

lee2
09-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Ya what meds u on...this anxiety can make u feel like everything it's the worst thing ever

rachbond
09-10-2013, 08:01 AM
Propranolol and sleeping tabs

SleeplessInPA
09-10-2013, 08:03 AM
When I first discovered I had anxiety (almost 20 years ago), I had the same symptoms. I went to the ER at least 3 times, what you are feeling is all part of anxiety. I tried to stay away from meds for as long as I could, but eventually I didn't have a choice. Have you tried any breathing exercises?

rachbond
09-10-2013, 08:05 AM
Nope coz I'm trying to avoid thinking about it n think that it's all in my mind xxx

HealthAnxNut
09-10-2013, 08:40 AM
What you described is what sooooo many of us struggle with on a daily or weekly basis, so you are NOT alone!!

mykids12
09-10-2013, 09:29 AM
So last night I was lying down. An urge came over me that I couldn't breathe pins and needles in my hands and it went on and on my husband ended up calling an ambulance who said my heart rate was fast, told me I'd had an anxiety attack so today my breathing is still the same has anyone had this private message me please I'm so worried! X

I had this as one of my very first anxiety symptoms. I almost went to an ER and did go to an urgent care where they told me it was anxiety. I felt like I couldn't breathe and I would panic which made it worse. Plus my blood pressure would be higher than it ever was. I still get this occasionally but I can tell myself I know it's anxiety. I do get lots of other physical symptoms though.

frankzito
09-10-2013, 09:58 AM
This is typical of most of us here, sorry to hear

mandipants84
09-12-2013, 05:42 AM
I have the same thing all the time... I would go to your doc do it won't get worse like mine did