PDA

View Full Version : heart palpitations

gavin
11-19-2007, 03:48 AM
who else gets the heart palpitation i get the heart racing when i get the panic attack but i also get like a skip of beat,
where i fell funny and lite head for a sec which i think is my anxiety then i get the thud in my chest which really freaks me out i have been scribed beta blocker for it but i hope to come off then in 3 more weeks

Whattodo?
11-22-2007, 04:56 PM
I get them too, it usually makes me hold my breath for a second. If your laying down, sit up, usually that makes me feel better. It won't hurt you.

swaneejuggalo
11-24-2007, 05:55 AM
i was just looking this up and didnt know what it was but i get what feels like my heart stops for a beat then pushes real hard the next like i can feel the blood being pushed wich freaks me out and causes a panic attack or adds to one is that what your talkin bout

gavin
11-24-2007, 09:07 PM
yep thats the one its all so the cause off my panic attacks

castaway
11-25-2007, 04:36 PM
who else gets the heart palpitation i get the heart racing when i get the panic attack but i also get like a skip of beat,
where i fell funny and lite head for a sec which i think is my anxiety then i get the thud in my chest which really freaks me out i have been scribed beta blocker for it but i hope to come off then in 3 more weeks

I'm getting them as I type this. I've had them since 11pm last night...went to the ER and put me on monitor , ekg, blood work and x-ray plus they had to give me 2 adavants(sp?). I've had them on and off before but they always went away. They are not and even though they say its normal go upon your daily activities its almost impossible!!! I just want them to stop that's all...they are constant anywheres from 2-10 times a minute...All I've been doing is resting today and its not helping...this just really sucks!

Whattodo?
11-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Have you had alot of caffeine? Caffiene and cigs really do cause it, it isn't dangerous. I've had them for years and initially it was scary, but I realized everyone has them, but don't notice them like anxiety sufferers.

cda33
11-26-2007, 02:56 PM
I felt so good last week, I think because I had a week off from school. This morning I felt great until I went to the clinic ( I'm in the medical field) and my partner was suppose to take my vitals.Every time someone checks my pulse my heartbeat is going up like crazy, it feels weird and I can't stop it. I feel good but I know that mu pulse might be high due to anxiety - and i starts going. I try not to think about it but it's beyond me . Should I just ignore it???