PDA

View Full Version : Meds

padrepio34
09-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Hey guys what do you think about these meds celexa 20 mg that my doctor gave me i been have bad panic attacks with discomfort and sharp pains by my heart...some people say take it at night before you go to bed or in the morning confused becuz it say take one by mouth daily..and are they good for panic attacks

Ritch
09-08-2013, 08:11 AM
I would take them first thing on a morning, you can take them at night but some people experience sleep disturbances from doing this. It usually takes 4-6 weeks to reach a therapeutic level. With anti-depressants it is trial and error, some help some people and don't help others. So just give them a chance and see how they treat you.

padrepio34
09-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the respond but you think there good for panic attacks?

Ritch
09-08-2013, 08:24 AM
I think they can be effective yes.

I would also advise seeking therapy, Medication purely treats the symptoms and not the causes.

padrepio34
09-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Yea i started cbt therapy last week

Ritch
09-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Great to hear :)

padrepio34
09-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Yea so i get started here 6 yrs of anxiety its horribale

JustAnotherAttack
09-08-2013, 09:24 AM
My mom takes Celexa and I used to take it.
I wasn't experiencing panic attacks then, but it helped a lot with depression and the symptoms of depression.
My mom said that Celexa is working great for her.

But I agree with the above poster who said that you have to work with the medication to make it work. So its good to see that you start therapy. :)
It should help you, but you have to let your doctor know if its working too much or not working much at all so they can adjust your dose.
Wish I knew if it helped with panic attacks...my mom said that she stopped having panic attacks when she began taking Xanax, but she did switch to Celexa a few months ago and she hasn't had one. :)

seeny
09-08-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm on 10mg of celexa for about a week I take it before bed but can't sleep so might try in the am tomorrow or call my doc. I know it takes time for these to really start working its just frustrating

padrepio34
09-08-2013, 10:25 AM
My mom takes Celexa and I used to take it.
I wasn't experiencing panic attacks then, but it helped a lot with depression and the symptoms of depression.
My mom said that Celexa is working great for her.

But I agree with the above poster who said that you have to work with the medication to make it work. So its good to see that you start therapy. :)
It should help you, but you have to let your doctor know if its working too much or not working much at all so they can adjust your dose.
Wish I knew if it helped with panic attacks...my mom said that she stopped having panic attacks when she began taking Xanax, but she did switch to Celexa a few months ago and she hasn't had one. :)

Your mom has anxiety too? How does she feel with them?

seeny
09-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Padrepio. I have panic/ anxiety and mild agoraphobia

padrepio34
09-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Yea me too i get that feeling out of no where and it starts by my heart that discomfort feeling n sharp pains sometimes its bad but you gotta keep telling urself its all anxiety it aint gonna kill me im fine and healthy and u will calm down..u said ur on celexa?