PDA

View Full Version : Lump in throat

jloca215
09-07-2013, 07:55 PM
I'm experiencing yet again a new symptom that's freaking me out. I get a feeling like a pill is stuck at the base if my throat. Even when I haven't eaten/drank anything. I have had a throat infection for like 3 weeks and been on two different antibiotics with little relief. I don't know if this is related but I don't think it is. My throat isn't swollen. I'm scared.

laurentellez
09-07-2013, 08:09 PM
http://easeurmind.proboards.com it's all based around anxiety and depression... please leave comments on forum. Its a very close friend of mine dealing with same issues. Thanks friends

Rickk90
09-07-2013, 08:35 PM
I'm experiencing yet again a new symptom that's freaking me out. I get a feeling like a pill is stuck at the base if my throat. Even when I haven't eaten/drank anything. I have had a throat infection for like 3 weeks and been on two different antibiotics with little relief. I don't know if this is related but I don't think it is. My throat isn't swollen. I'm scared.

I'm currently experiencing the same synptom .
Freaks me out
Feels like in going to choke

laurentellez
09-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Sometimes.I have a hard time swallowing. .. and I feel like choking

Rickk90
09-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Sometimes.I have a hard time swallowing. .. and I feel like choking

Exactly how I feel
It's not necessarily pain, just takes effort
And causes my throat to feel like it's closing

jloca215
09-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah and I'm getting sharp epigastric pain too so I'm sure it's just gerd but really scary

Rickk90
09-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Yeah and I'm getting sharp epigastric pain too so I'm sure it's just gerd but really scary
Have u been diagnosed with gerd?

laurentellez
09-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Exactly how I feel
It's not necessarily pain, just takes effort
And causes my throat to feel like it's closing

Yes. Like I go to swallow the start to panic cause I can't seem to swallow.. weird.. knowing I can

Blessed
09-07-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm dealing with exact same thing and have been for several months . I also have a friend with same problem, lump in throat feels like someone is chocking you or that something is hung. Feels as though it will close, they put a light down her throat and turned out to be Acid reflux. I'm having this same procedure done in a few weeks. I hear about this a lot with anxiety

Rickk90
09-07-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm dealing with exact same thing and have been for several months . I also have a friend with same problem, lump in throat feels like someone is chocking you or that something is hung. Feels as though it will close, they put a light down her throat and turned out to be Acid reflux. I'm having this same procedure done in a few weeks. I hear about this a lot with anxiety

Hopefully it's just gerd.
I hate this feeling
One weird thing is when I drink alcohol or something it disappears.
Though I don't use it to relive my anxiety

Lin
09-07-2013, 11:27 PM
I know what you mean about the lump in your throat and I think it is just another way of panicking. I sometimes get the feeling when I am eating out that food has got stuck in my throat, especially stirngy cheese, and I really panic. I think you have to accept that it is a form of panick attack and treat it as such - slow down your breathing and gradually stop the panic and swallow normally.

jloca215
09-08-2013, 12:07 AM
I did have an egd last year and the dr said I had esophagitis and gastritis. I really should be taking a preventative med daily but I hate taking more meds than I have to :(

laurentellez
09-08-2013, 12:14 AM
I know what you mean about the lump in your throat and I think it is just another way of panicking. I sometimes get the feeling when I am eating out that food has got stuck in my throat, especially stirngy cheese, and I really panic. I think you have to accept that it is a form of panick attack and treat it as such - slow down your breathing and gradually stop the panic and swallow normally.

Lin I thought I was the only goof ball that felt like that haha. And when I explain myself to ppl they will say damn slow down and chew ur food. Ugh

jloca215
09-08-2013, 12:17 AM
The weird thing is though, it happens even when im not eating. It's like a little hard pebble stuck at the base of my throat. If course I'm worried its a mass now.

Rickk90
09-08-2013, 12:33 AM
The weird thing is though, it happens even when im not eating. It's like a little hard pebble stuck at the base of my throat. If course I'm worried its a mass now.

Are u sure its a mass and not your neck anatomy?
I don't have any masses just a sensation
It's weird
Seatbelts
Tight shirts trigger it as well

jloca215
09-11-2013, 01:43 AM
Well I had a Dr look at me at work yesterday, he didn't seem too impressed. He did say there is some kind of infection going on. Duh! So he got me an appt with an ENT Dr tomorrow (actually today :/) morning at 10 for a laryngoscopy. I feel a tiny but better but still having stabbing pains at random that shoot to my ear. I hope they dont find cancer. Obviously I can't sleep worrying about it.