PDA

View Full Version : What is the best type of magnesium to take?

mistiblue
09-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Good afternoon all :o)

I want to start taking mag for my heart palps/ flutters, but I am not sure what kind to take. I read that you have to take a certain kind because of the calcium/mag balance. Does anyone have any suggestions or are taking mag for their heart palps? If you are taking it how is it working?
Thanks!

emtw12
09-07-2013, 02:14 PM
I'd like to know too

nf1234
09-07-2013, 02:42 PM
I would go with this product. It does wonders.

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Vitality-Calm-Raspberry-Lemon/dp/B00BPUY3W0

But other good forms are Magnesium Glycinate, Magnesium Taurate, and Magnesium Citrate. DO NOT get Magnesium Oxide, which is what your find in most drug stores.

rachbond
09-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Ionic magnesium liquid off amazon works for anxiety attacks palps n difficulty breathing x

mistiblue
09-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I got some of the natural calm. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow. Can't wait to see the results! I've hard some awesome things about it!

rachbond
09-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Private message me

rachbond
09-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Magnesium is good depending what brand

emtw12
09-08-2013, 05:39 PM
What's the best to take? I need some

rachbond
09-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Ironic magnesium of amazon it's liquid kind

mandipants84
09-10-2013, 08:16 AM
I got some of the natural calm. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow. Can't wait to see the results! I've hard some awesome things about it!

Wow tell me if that works!!

Dahila
09-10-2013, 08:17 AM
What about delivering it naturally with chia seeds, and hemp hearts. It is so easy to eat it. Hemp hearts are so good, with the slightly nutty taste. Only 50 % of the goodies in the pill absorbs into body. You should take vitemine B too.

tailspin
09-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Very good point about the importance of getting magnesium through food also, Dahlia!

I do take magnesium supplements as well though. And I'm wondering what dosage others take? I went to see a naturopathic doctor who recommended at least 400 mg of magnesium citrate every night before bed. I currently switched to a new brand of magnesium though and now I'm taking less than 400 mg per day. More like 250 mg.

How much magnesium does everyone else take?

nf1234
09-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Very good point about the importance of getting magnesium through food also, Dahlia!

I do take magnesium supplements as well though. And I'm wondering what dosage others take? I went to see a naturopathic doctor who recommended at least 400 mg of magnesium citrate every night before bed. I currently switched to a new brand of magnesium though and now I'm taking less than 400 mg per day. More like 250 mg.

I think the RDA is about 400mg but many people take more. You can keep working up until your start to get "loose stools".

nf1234
09-10-2013, 06:00 PM

Please let us know how it works for you! You have to work yourself up on the dosage. If you take too much it will get your bowels moving if you know what i mean lol

MrsJ88
09-10-2013, 06:45 PM
I had a doctor appointment yesterday and asked about magnesium and my doctor said to take 300mg a day.

tailspin
09-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Great. Thanks for the dosage info. I think I will increase my dose!

Dahila
09-10-2013, 07:56 PM

Does it help you? Do u feel any difference?

tailspin
09-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Does it help you? Do u feel any difference?

Honestly, I don't know :confused:

mistiblue
09-10-2013, 10:50 PM
So I've been taking the Natural Calm for 2 days and I can definitely feel a difference. Especially in the way I deal with things. I haven't been getting as worked up as I usually would. I haven't been worrying as much either. I am definitely going to stick with it. The dosage for the Natural Calm is 300 mg a day, but it does say that if it causes loose bowels to adjust he dosage to your comfort.
The one I am taking has calcium, vitamin b, and some other minerals in it. It is a powder so it's easily absorbed. The magnesium in it is ionic magnesium.
You can Google it and look at some of the reviews, the majority of them are good.
The rep at the natural food store also said fish oil is good for anxiety symptoms. I haven't gotten any yet because I already feel like a pharmacy...lol.

nf1234
09-11-2013, 01:59 PM
So I've been taking the Natural Calm for 2 days and I can definitely feel a difference. Especially in the way I deal with things. I haven't been getting as worked up as I usually would. I haven't been worrying as much either. I am definitely going to stick with it. The dosage for the Natural Calm is 300 mg a day, but it does say that if it causes loose bowels to adjust he dosage to your comfort.
The one I am taking has calcium, vitamin b, and some other minerals in it. It is a powder so it's easily absorbed. The magnesium in it is ionic magnesium.
You can Google it and look at some of the reviews, the majority of them are good.
The rep at the natural food store also said fish oil is good for anxiety symptoms. I haven't gotten any yet because I already feel like a pharmacy...lol.

Awesome to hear! So glad it is working well for you :)

mistiblue
09-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Thank you :o)

Just Jane
09-12-2013, 03:58 AM
Does anyone know where to get this stuff in the UK from? All I can find is capsules and I can't swallow capsules or really large tablets.

I have been upping my intake of foods high in magnesium like Brazil nuts, almonds and dark chocolate but would like to add a supplement to give me a bit of a boost.

rachbond
09-12-2013, 04:11 AM
Amazon ionic magnesium

MrsJ88
09-12-2013, 08:48 AM
I bought chelated magnesium, is that ok?

mistiblue
09-12-2013, 10:42 AM
You can order off Amazon or the actual website

http://naturalvitality.com/natural-calm/