PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Relate??

ErikaRae
09-07-2013, 08:36 AM
I've been dealing with Panic Attacks for a little over 20 yrs but since 2001 I've had many Phobias. Driving Alone, Traveling, Being Alone, and thee worst one of all, Being Away From My Husband. My husband is the only one that can help me get a Panic Attack under control so I've been really clingy. I hate it because I used to be so independent and now I feel like a scared Child. Always waiting for the next Panic Attack to hit. Does anyone one else cling to a (safe person)?? It's driving me and him at times crazy! I just really need to know that I'm not alone.

Dahila
09-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Definitely you are not alone. All people here have panic attacks and phobias. Very often I feel like you, I just do not have safe person to cling to. :( So I come here and read other people stories, I am not alone, so are you:)

ErikaRae
09-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Thank you for your response. I dont want to have a safe person anymore I want to be able to deal with this on my own. I'm glad I found this site. Maybe its my first step to getting this under control on my own. Hopeful thinking......

emilyfrances
09-08-2013, 05:12 AM
It's good that you have that safety and security feeling with him! I can relate. My boyfriend of the time lived in a different place and whenever I visited my panic attacks, night terrors are gone. When I go home they came back.

Unfortunately you can't do much about panic attacks. They happen. Life happens. It's all about learning to control the situation. And try to focus on that feeling of being safe when you're with him and if you close your eyes if he's not there imagine him and those good positive feelings you get from him and maybe it will help.