PDA

View Full Version : Over Breathing

onebreathatatime
09-06-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm having a hard time breathing properly. I'm over thinking it and creating tons of air in my stomach which causes more anxiety and makes me feel awful. I try to do belly breathing but I'm having a hard time with that too... Does anyone have tips on how to get over this... I try inhaling for a count of 2 and exhale for 4?!

frankzito
09-06-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm having a hard time breathing properly. I'm over thinking it and creating tons of air in my stomach which causes more anxiety and makes me feel awful. I try to do belly breathing but I'm having a hard time with that too... Does anyone have tips on how to get over this... I try inhaling for a count of 2 and exhale for 4?!

Eventually it will get better, but I would try and sleep as much as you can. Unless you having a hard time sleeping?
Seems we all go through this

Bam77
09-06-2013, 05:44 PM
I honestly only concentrate on my breathing during a panic attack. If I think about it more often it starts to tie into a health anxiety

onebreathatatime
09-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Eventually it will get better, but I would try and sleep as much as you can. Unless you having a hard time sleeping?
Seems we all go through this

I sleep really well... Most who know me would say to well lol. I find I go through stages, one min it's my heart, then brain, onto breathing, etc.... It's always something

onebreathatatime
09-06-2013, 08:09 PM
I honestly only concentrate on my breathing during a panic attack. If I think about it more often it starts to tie into a health anxiety

I do that also but I feel when I'm driving for example I'm either holding my breath or I'm breath quick and shallow. Then when I realize I try to belly breath but by that point I've swallowed a bunch of air that my abdomen feels tight and full. I do have severe health anxiety so it definitely doesn't help at all.

frankzito
09-06-2013, 08:25 PM
I sleep really well... Most who know me would say to well lol. I find I go through stages, one min it's my heart, then brain, onto breathing, etc.... It's always something

Sounds like your just having a bad way with it at this time. I've had all your problems too, and still do from time to time. But it gets better. Best wishes