PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

Vikki
10-18-2005, 04:17 PM
What do other people do when they are stuck at home all day. I feel like my time is spent sleeping to avoid the problem and hopfully one time I will wake up like I used to be...hasn't worked yet.
My daughter is raised so its only my husband and I, oh and the two dogs. Both my husband and daughter check on me daily, but I feel like I am waisting away. I know everyone is concerned about me, but I am ok as long as I am at home.

starlaced_soul
10-18-2005, 10:09 PM
hey vikki... i completely understand how you feel.. i recently acquired agoraphobia... it's like you said.. sleeping is the best way to avoid every day anxiety! but obviously not the healthiest thing to do!! i'm only 19 and have no children or anything.. but i did lose my job due to this problem... i also lost my boyfriend and most of my friends and my car! it's been 2 and a half months now... but i am seeing a therapist and taking medication and i think it is beginning to help. today i went to the gas station which is a HUGE deal for me!! because a couple weeks ago I didn't even want to go outside to get the mail!! i know what it feels like.. like you would rather stay in bed all day because there doesn't seem to be anything to get up for! there doesn't seem to be any hope at all. every day is a long.. silent... hell. the only advice i can say is to go see a therapist.. don't be ashamed to be on medication if you need it to function.. and there is a lot to live for!! i can't wait to get well enough to go to my little brother's football games!! I can't wait to be able to walk through Walmart again.. just the little things sound so good right now! I can't wait to go back to work.. just have my life back! i pray that you can find the strength to get through this too!

Vikki
10-19-2005, 04:15 AM
Thank you for your kind reply and your prayers both are greatly appreciated.

brickyard_red
10-19-2005, 12:20 PM
On the days I can't get out of the house due to my fears I talk on the computer :) , clean and watch movies. It's also the time I can work on some of my sewing. When I am depressed on top of it though I'm like you, just stay in bed and let the world go by without me.
I take med. to help me with this and it works for the most part, but there are days when I just can't go out the door and face things. It doesn't mean that I am on the bottom and have to start all over again, it just means that I am having a bad day that day and tomorrow is another day to try again.

Cath :)